GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is better XBOX 360 or PS3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 22:31
Regular
"Gaming Man"
I don’t know what console to get in the future XBOX 360 or PS3!!!, so I through I would listen to your comments on the best console.
Sat 21/05/05 at 21:20
Regular
"lol"
UrbanShark wrote:
> For some reason I have never sided with Nintendo gaming consoles. They
> don't really compete with Sony and Microsoft consoles.

Nintendo have said they will be releasing a thing where you can download NES,SNES and 64 games onto the Gamecube 2. Now forgive me if im wrong, but thats just a quick way of getting cash. Re-releasing yet MORE, 'old classics''

When will Ninty learn to make NEW, refreshing games.
Sat 21/05/05 at 21:18
Regular
"Gaming Man"
For some reason I have never sided with Nintendo gaming consoles. They don't really compete with Sony and Microsoft consoles.
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:11
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I think I'm going to have to side with Sony again. From what I've seen so far of both machines, it looks like the PS3 will be a bigger step forward.
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:07
Regular
"lol"
PS3 is twice as powerfull as the Xbox 360 i have heard. So PS3 it is for me then.
Sat 21/05/05 at 17:38
Regular
UrbanShark wrote:

> And the Revolution:
> Access to download a huge catalogue of NES, SNES and N64 games.
> Backwards compatibility with GameCube titles.

That sounds immense.
Sat 21/05/05 at 17:09
Regular
"Gaming Man"
Thanks for the info Geffdof. I will go with the PS3 instead of the XBOX 360 or if not I will try and buy both lol.
Fri 20/05/05 at 19:51
Regular
"lets go back"
As the consoles go I think the PS3 looks more promising. It seems like it may have more features and posibilities. It all depends on the games tho, because these possible features will only become reality if the games developers make it so. The plus for the XBox is that it already has a well esstablished online gaming network.

Its hard to tell until they are released. Either way, it doesnt matter which you buy because both will have games like Burnout and Fifa that are released on both and will also have their fair share of exclusives so you'll have something fun to play.
Fri 20/05/05 at 14:36
Regular
"Gaming Man"
The XBOX 360 has these features:

CPU with three IBM PowerPC 3.2 GHz Cores
ATI 500 MHz graphics processor
48 billion shader operations per second
512Mb GDDR3RAM of memory
20 Gb Hard Drive
Three USB Ports
Support for four controllers
Wireless Controllers
Personalised Clip-On Fascias
Video Chat Camera Support

The PS3 has these:

Cell Processor PowerPC-base Core 3.2GHz CPU
RSX 550 MHz graphics processor
100 billion shader operations per second
256Mb XDR Main RAM at 3.2 GHz plus 256MB GDDR3 VRAM at 700MHz
Slot for additional hard drive
Six USB Ports
Support for seven wireless controllers
"Blu-Ray" Media Support

And the Revolution:

WiFi internet capability out of the box and access to online gaming.
Access to download a huge catalogue of NES, SNES and N64 games.
Backwards compatibility with GameCube titles.
DVD movie capability.

I think I would chose out of the XBOX 360 and the PS3
Fri 20/05/05 at 08:10
Regular
It was only a matter of time before some inbred came along with one of these threads.
Fri 20/05/05 at 02:52
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Perhaps, it's not the console that matters, but the games that'll be out for it. Like a possible 3rd outing for the bear & bird on the Xbox 360.
Or, another Smackdown outing on the PS3.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.