GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nope, sorry Lucas"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 15:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I was going to see Revenge of The Sith tomorrow.
Granted, with a heavy heart, but I was resigned to watching the newest attempt at willfully urinating in the face of all 25+ the world over.

Until this afternoon.
When I saw Chewbacca in an advert for Orange Mobile.
If I had any doubt whatsoever for Lucas' reasons for making the new films, it evaporated in a cloud of money-flavoured smoke at that moment.
Lucas, you're guaranteed millions of dollars from this new one, to add to your pile from the other two.
And the toys/videogames/stickers/sweets/dvds/board games/bed clothes.

You've whittered on and on about why you made these films, but underneath (the same as you've always done) is a lust for cash. If I was in any doubt as to your personality from reading Peter Biskind's "Easy Riders, Raging Bull", it was confirmed the moment I watched this commercial.

Chewbacca being used to sell me a mobile phone.
Nope, sorry Bullfrog, but this is one ex-SW fan drawing the line in the sand.
And you can poke your 6-DVD special edition up your plaid ass.
I'll not smile, bend over and scooch my ginger diamond open so you can slip your fatnecked dollarbundle up there anymore.
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I saw that advert, and it's the weakest possible link to a product ever.
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Go to that easyjet cinema and pay 40p for it.

It's only a film though - if you want to watch it then watch it and if you don't then don't.#

Plus remember that the film companies don't take a percentage of every ticket sold - they get money from the cinemas everytime the film is shown, so you actually going to see it won't put any money in Lucas' pocket, just whatever cinema you're at. He's already got the money from the cinema which is showing the film. Maybe you don't want to reward the cinema for showing it, or some balls.

Yeah Episode I was crap, Episode II was slightly better, and this one will be better than that, but there are worse films around.
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:01
Regular
"Excommunicated"
You could always sneak in.

I don't have many high hopes but then I'm not a massive fan though I liked the original triology.

I might catch it in the cinema but all my knobby friends go on a Saturday night when I'm stuck at work, I might try and convince them to go another time.
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
SHEEPY wrote:
> The things is though, he could have made as much money but stopped
> everyone hating him by just getting rid of some CGI and asking for
> some help writing the thing.
--------

Bingo.
"Ah, Lawrence Kasdan, could you help here? Plotting is not my strong point and I cant write dialogue. I'm only capable of stringing set-pieces together that make a nice videogame. Could you possibly help me get back that feeling? Because the original trilogy had writing help from the beginning"
But he's become this godhead, surrounded by lackeys that are too afraid to say "Y'know Boss, maybe we should ask somebody what they think?" instead of nodding and filming it all for the 19th special edition DVD.
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Just go watch it you big fairy.
-------

Nope.
I watched The Phantom Menace and bought the DVD, and it sucked. I cant watch that film all the way through, it pains me and it's boring.
Same for Attack of The Clones, I watch the 1st 5 minutes, skip to the rainy fight with Daddy Fett and then skip to the end. It's ass-awful and makes no sense.

I knew the 3rd one would be the same. But I see Chewbacca on television hocking phones to me and my righteous indignation switch clicked on, saving me 2hrs of teeth-grinding and £10.
Even Ewan McGregor thinks they're boring, and he gets paid to be Alec Guiness. When your star sighs, Joe Public is more than entitled to go and watch Buckaroo Banzai instead.
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The things is though, he could have made as much money but stopped everyone hating him by just getting rid of some CGI and asking for some help writing the thing.
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:53
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
You could argue that that's been his plan all along, considering the original "ownership of all the merchandising rights associated with Star Wars" deal. For the first and all the sequels.

Still, I can't deny the prequels are simply a method to add more dollars to the steadily growning pile. I heard last night the Star Wars franchise is worth 18 billion dollars. That's an obscene amout of cash...

I'm going to download it. It's not going to hurt his pocket. ;D
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Just go watch it you big fairy.
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I was going to see Revenge of The Sith tomorrow.
Granted, with a heavy heart, but I was resigned to watching the newest attempt at willfully urinating in the face of all 25+ the world over.

Until this afternoon.
When I saw Chewbacca in an advert for Orange Mobile.
If I had any doubt whatsoever for Lucas' reasons for making the new films, it evaporated in a cloud of money-flavoured smoke at that moment.
Lucas, you're guaranteed millions of dollars from this new one, to add to your pile from the other two.
And the toys/videogames/stickers/sweets/dvds/board games/bed clothes.

You've whittered on and on about why you made these films, but underneath (the same as you've always done) is a lust for cash. If I was in any doubt as to your personality from reading Peter Biskind's "Easy Riders, Raging Bull", it was confirmed the moment I watched this commercial.

Chewbacca being used to sell me a mobile phone.
Nope, sorry Bullfrog, but this is one ex-SW fan drawing the line in the sand.
And you can poke your 6-DVD special edition up your plaid ass.
I'll not smile, bend over and scooch my ginger diamond open so you can slip your fatnecked dollarbundle up there anymore.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.