GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nope, sorry Lucas"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 15:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I was going to see Revenge of The Sith tomorrow.
Granted, with a heavy heart, but I was resigned to watching the newest attempt at willfully urinating in the face of all 25+ the world over.

Until this afternoon.
When I saw Chewbacca in an advert for Orange Mobile.
If I had any doubt whatsoever for Lucas' reasons for making the new films, it evaporated in a cloud of money-flavoured smoke at that moment.
Lucas, you're guaranteed millions of dollars from this new one, to add to your pile from the other two.
And the toys/videogames/stickers/sweets/dvds/board games/bed clothes.

You've whittered on and on about why you made these films, but underneath (the same as you've always done) is a lust for cash. If I was in any doubt as to your personality from reading Peter Biskind's "Easy Riders, Raging Bull", it was confirmed the moment I watched this commercial.

Chewbacca being used to sell me a mobile phone.
Nope, sorry Bullfrog, but this is one ex-SW fan drawing the line in the sand.
And you can poke your 6-DVD special edition up your plaid ass.
I'll not smile, bend over and scooch my ginger diamond open so you can slip your fatnecked dollarbundle up there anymore.
Mon 23/05/05 at 16:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Orange sponsor cinemas, so it's not surprising to see film characters in their adverts. Even with his massive splurge on whinging I bet Goatbi has gone and seen it.

Well I guess it's just him who's missing out.
Mon 23/05/05 at 13:20
Regular
"Excellent"
He is also going to start a Star Wars TV series of 100 episodes he'll probably release that on DVD as well assuming i take him for the Money-grabbing dollar fisted man/monster/nerd that i know he SECRETLY (whoops did i just put that in capitals???) is and he will charge something like £39.99 for lets say 10 episodes at a time
Mon 23/05/05 at 13:13
Regular
When the Crazy Frog exists seeing Chewbacca in a phone advert is the least of your worries.
Mon 23/05/05 at 13:09
Regular
"not dead"
I didn't really require a response, just being a 'tard and asking stupid questions.

But I agree with monkey man, TV info moves into your head without you necessarily having to watch it. The other day someone told me that Karl and Susan might be getting back together. Having not seen it for years, somehow I knew they were talking about Neighbours.

Besides, some TV is good. Sitting watching whatever comes on is not. And I'll probably go see Star Wars at some point...
Mon 23/05/05 at 12:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It annoys me how much I could tell you about what's on TV, when I'm one of the cool kids who claims not to watch it.
Mon 23/05/05 at 12:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> [being an ass]But I thought you didn't watch TV?[/being an ass]
-----

Nope I don't. But that doesn't mean I'm not walking through the room or having a chat with somebody who is. Usually involves me standing there saying "Want a cuppa?" and then leaving.
Mon 23/05/05 at 10:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Longy wrote:
> I saw the first showing of the film at 00:00 thursday (yes i did feel
> quite geekish but who cares)

I saw Clones at 00:05 on the day it was released - earliest they could do it then apparently. Funny with all the geeks (including me) laughing at the terrible dialogue and acting.
Mon 23/05/05 at 10:26
Regular
"not dead"
Goatboy wrote:

> But I see Chewbacca on
> television hocking phones to me

[being an ass]But I thought you didn't watch TV?[/being an ass]
Fri 20/05/05 at 19:13
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh. Saw it a few hours ago.

Good.

But not that good.

3-4 out of 5... So definately worth seeing, but don't expect anything groundbreaking.
Fri 20/05/05 at 18:42
Regular
"WWJD"
I saw the first showing of the film at 00:00 thursday (yes i did feel quite geekish but who cares) i thought the film was brilliant it deffenetly made up for the first two films which left something to be desired. George Lucas did a great job at tieing up the loose ends and i really think he does it for the love of film making and of course also for the cash :) hes got to make a living!

Longy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.