GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Galloway on trail"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/05/05 at 18:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The US Senate says Galloway profitted from Iraqi oil.
Galloway flies over to appear before them and answer their questions. And says what an awful lot of people have been saying since before the landgrab.

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4556113.stm[/URL]

""The difference is Donald Rumsfeld met him to sell him guns and maps - the better to target those guns. I met him to try to bring about an end to sanctions, suffering and war," he said."

The accusations levelled against him was the "mother of all smokescreens", he said.

The biggest sanctions busters were American companies "with the connivance" of the US government.

Mr Galloway denied being an apologist for the former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

He said he had been a long-term opponent of Saddam, and had a much better record of opposition to the Iraqi leader than members of the American or British governments."

****edit****
Galloway is being questioned by the same senate that also reports the US "turned a blind eye to smuggled oil"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4554507.stm[/URL]

Def: Irony
The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See synonyms
Tue 17/05/05 at 18:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yep, but when somebody that is the public conscience as highly as Galloway is starts to say things that the crowd have been trying to say since this invasion - you can beat your house that a smear campaign will start.
Except "exposes" and stories about shady past dealings from "sources" to surface over the next couple of days in pretty much all the papers.
Did it to Tony Benn during the Miners Strike.

You can't have somebody in the public eye making waves, it's not good form. Have to tear them down.
It was a beautiful performance though.
Unblinking, unfaltering testimony from Galloway laying out the facts and numbers in short, punchy statements.
The guy's done his homework.
Tue 17/05/05 at 18:24
Regular
"8==="
Goatboy wrote:
>
> Expect all manner of smear pieces to appear in the media over the
> next couple of days, bbc included.

Surely the beeb are too busy crucifying Blair over the war again?
Tue 17/05/05 at 18:23
Regular
"8==="
Yeah Paxman let us all down on that one.
Tue 17/05/05 at 18:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I watched that too, Paxman was an ass.
"Can't you congratulate me on a shock victory that nobody thought I would manage?"
"....well congratulations I suppose, but aren't you proud of removing one of the few black women in Parliment?"
"That is asinine, this is about politics not race"

I may not agree with Galloway on a lot of different things, but I admire anybody with the courage of their conviction to appear and say "No I didn't, you've done far worse actually".
So few politicians speak their mind and believe what they say, it's refreshing.

Expect all manner of smear pieces to appear in the media over the next couple of days, bbc included.
But what's important to remember is that Galloway has already won a libel action against The Telegraph for a similar allegation.
Tue 17/05/05 at 18:11
Regular
"8==="
Oh 'Trial'.

I thought he was doing an OJ: "Now I'll find the REAL killer"
Tue 17/05/05 at 18:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The US Senate says Galloway profitted from Iraqi oil.
Galloway flies over to appear before them and answer their questions. And says what an awful lot of people have been saying since before the landgrab.

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4556113.stm[/URL]

""The difference is Donald Rumsfeld met him to sell him guns and maps - the better to target those guns. I met him to try to bring about an end to sanctions, suffering and war," he said."

The accusations levelled against him was the "mother of all smokescreens", he said.

The biggest sanctions busters were American companies "with the connivance" of the US government.

Mr Galloway denied being an apologist for the former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

He said he had been a long-term opponent of Saddam, and had a much better record of opposition to the Iraqi leader than members of the American or British governments."

****edit****
Galloway is being questioned by the same senate that also reports the US "turned a blind eye to smuggled oil"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4554507.stm[/URL]

Def: Irony
The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See synonyms

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.