GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone getting Flatout today?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Flatout'.
Fri 05/11/04 at 11:20
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I think im going to get this today, based on only that it allows people to fly out of there cars when they crash.

Pure Genius.

..plus its on Live.
Fri 05/11/04 at 11:20
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I think im going to get this today, based on only that it allows people to fly out of there cars when they crash.

Pure Genius.

..plus its on Live.
Fri 05/11/04 at 11:26
Regular
Never even knew it was out yet. Let us know how it turns out, I might grab it at some point, but I feel it'd get ignored right now, what with GTA at home and Halo 2 out on Thursday.
Fri 05/11/04 at 12:21
Regular
"Touched!"
I probably would have bought it if I had any spare cash, just pre-ordered my second copy of Halo 2 at my local game for my second Xbox, so I can go get it at midnight, I'll probably get stabbed in Middlesbrough though.
Fri 05/11/04 at 15:06
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Wow, just played my first race.

What a laugh!!

My first crash was well funny, flying through the air, better ragdoll physics then RS3!

So i thought i'd get the driver back who crashed into me, we was racing side be side, he was scraping the concrete wall as i push him into, then i see ahead a gap in the wall up ahead. I lay'd off him for afew seconds then when the gap in the wall approached i rammed him through the gap. HAHA. But the funny thing is that you can hear the dude/dudette screaming, then see them fly over your car.

Wow, aint touched live yet either!
Fri 05/11/04 at 15:11
Regular
RS3's ragdolls suck anyway.
Fri 05/11/04 at 16:12
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Soundtrack aint that bad either, its like Iron Maiden/80's Metallica/Mudvayne/Less then Jake/System of a Down with abit of turntablism thrown in.
Fri 05/11/04 at 16:23
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> RS3's ragdolls suck anyway.

Ragdoll Sports is awesome ;)
Fri 05/11/04 at 18:11
"I love yo... lamp."
Did not realise this was out today. It does look kind of fun actually. It got added to the ever growing list of games to get when I saw an advert for it earlier on TV and realised it had Live play. Might last a bit longer than Burnout 3 did anyway.
Fri 05/11/04 at 23:46
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Just been on Live with it.

Awesome stuff, very enjoyable.

Abit of a shame its out one week before Halo 2, sales wont be that high. But i enjoyed Toca 2 online as much as PGR 2, and Toca didnt sell that many, and still has a following. I think this game will be the same.
Sat 06/11/04 at 10:48
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I got it. I think it sucks more balls than an LA hooker....

Theres no real excitement to the crashing, partly because one decent mistake and the whole race can be lost and partly because there just isn't any real feel of impact. I hit other cars and it feels more like bumper cars than demolition derby.

Done a bunch of upgrades to the car but notice little difference. Even the bloke flying through the windscreen gets boring after a very short while. Also hate the way the car gets stuck on just about everything, forcing you to reset yourself on the track.

About the only redeeming feature of this game to me right now is the high jump mini game (the others are so crap that I'd rather clean a camel's crusty ringpiece with my tongue than play them).

Totally gutted cause I was looking forward to this and its just turned out to be utter crud. Actually enjoyed that Crash game more than this. As for the music, I pray that those unsigned bands remain exactly that. Developers even left out the option for custom soundtracks so that you're subjected to the crap they've dumped in. Well, until you find the music volume bar and turn it right down anyway...

Thank god for Halo 2 this week and the fact that I've just bought me a Neo Geo CD with a bunch of my favourite games on it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.