GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 25"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/05/05 at 15:27
Regular
"tokyo police club"
So, the quarter century. Maybe, when people look back at the history of time, they'll single this moment out as one of the most important. But probably not.

So, I (somehow) won the last one, so it's my turn to set a topic for you hoves to write about.

I know it's crap, but I'm going for.... Lost

Do what you can with that, and come back by the 30th May, midnight of course, then I'll judge them on the Sunday. Late-comers will not be tolerated. Unless it's Buddle.
Thu 26/05/05 at 12:27
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
You're going to wait 6 days to judge the comp after it finishes?
Thu 26/05/05 at 12:36
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I thought that the 30th was a Saturday. When I did it. The calendar confused me. Sorry. I'll judge on the Tues.
Thu 26/05/05 at 13:51
Regular
"not dead"
I'm going to a Chinese restuarant on Tuesday night with my writing partners to celebrate us getting th pilot episode of our sitcom finished, and sent off to an agent whose agreed to take a gander.

Also celebrating that one of us is getting wed in a week or two, and I've just found out that I'm going to be in Shoot the Writers series 2. :o)
Thu 26/05/05 at 15:34
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I wish I was you...

We hardly ever eat Chinese.
Thu 26/05/05 at 20:14
Regular
Meka, what's the name of your sitcom, for reference so I know what it is when it comes out* ?

* Not, of course, that I'm genuinely interested, it's simply so I can point and laugh
Thu 26/05/05 at 20:19
Regular
"not dead"
I eat too much Chinese, Ashman. Mind you, it's pretty much the only take-away I get these days, and it's hardly every week.

The working title of the sitcom, Lord Funk, is 'Bonding', it's the work of five writers, and is about a group of eight very different people that meet at a writing group, but when the teacher leaves them, they decide to go it alone and see if they can make a go of it.
Thu 26/05/05 at 20:23
Regular
'Bonding' sounds slightly like 'My life in film' (not that that's a bad thing), it was the show on BBC3 about 'Art', who was the unsuccessful script writer who tried to make films and every episode echoed a famous film (such as 'The Shining')

I'm sure I'll be able to draw some comparisons between 'Bonding' and 'My Life', sounds like a sure-fire hit.

Is it still your brainchild, in the early stages of composition, or has it been completed, due for an airing soon-ish ?
Thu 26/05/05 at 20:43
Regular
"not dead"
It's a very long way from airing. One of the group has had contact with an agent in the past, who now works in TV, and that agent has agreed to take a look at it, offer a few pointers, and perhaps suggest where we can send it to. After that there's still a long way to go, as we only have the pilot episode written - if someone (eg the BBC) like that, it still has to go through various panels, check to see if it fits in the schedule (ie do they NEED another comedy like that?). If they give us the go ahead, we still have to produce the rest of the episodes for the first series, and it could still be scrapped at any point.

That said, it's been one hell of an experience just getting the pilot written - team writing, with comedy can be such a laugh.
Fri 27/05/05 at 15:46
"possibly impossible"
hm. Posted mine, but I hope it's not too long. Kind of kept going...
Sat 28/05/05 at 17:04
Regular
"Catch it!"
How many Stories are we a loud to write?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.