GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OI MR GATES. ITS OVER!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/05/01 at 19:04
Regular
In the past week Microsoft have collapsed onto there knees and seen their plans for the XBox fold in around their own ankles...

Three weeks ago I would have given the XBox a chance in this volatile industry, but oh how the tides and companies have turned against them.

It was before the E3 the hidden trouble started, Microsoft are planning a launch less than six months away, and not one company has a final development pack for the system, without this games can not be tested and put through the 'touch-up' process. I believe this mistake was the simple but a crucial mistake for the company, another was...

...the Japanese mess-up, there the market is cruel, and if a console isn't going to perform a lap of honour in Japan, the chances of success in other parts of the world are low, Japan just don't seem to except anything that isn't homemade, especially if it is electronics.... ah, but maybe the show in LA could save them?...

...E3, the Xbox console was overshadowed by the Nintendo Gamecube and secondly the Playstation 2 (although not having a superb show itself), the system crashed, public interest was not exactly high and the big question was 'where were the games?'

Then maybe the announcement of the launch and price would resurrect a dieing console? Not if Nintendo could help it, with a launch three days after the Gamecube and $100 more, the console that had the specs, no longer had the support of the gamers, and this is where the company began to moan, every gamer in America and Japan will prefere the Gamecube to the XBox, that is what it comes down to.

Maybe Microsoft will have one last go, maybe Sony will stop defaming the Xbox, but one things for sure for Microsoft, for when they made the claim a year back '...the greatest console ever...' they sure weren't talking about the Xbox.

Thanks for reading
er-no
Wed 30/05/01 at 22:33
Regular
"everyone says it"
Edge Master wrote:
> Hmmm

Yes Dan?
Wed 30/05/01 at 21:53
Hmmm
Wed 30/05/01 at 19:08
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I gracefully accept your apology.
Wed 30/05/01 at 19:06
Regular
"everyone says it"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> lol - er-no, you made me think my 'music in games' post had won
> today.

Got me all exited, that did.

he he he! sorry!
Wed 30/05/01 at 19:04
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
lol - er-no, you made me think my 'music in games' post had won today.

Got me all exited, that did.
Wed 30/05/01 at 18:39
Regular
"everyone says it"
I thought I stood a chance for GAD, and then I thought RBS was going to win it with his long post, looking today to find some music thing as won....

...oh well... tommorrows another day!

:)
Wed 30/05/01 at 00:26
Regular
"everyone says it"
turbonutter wrote:
> PC World are total bandits. They don't sell CPUs and they won't even
> fit them. Also, they wouldn't help me with Direct Cable Connections,
> even though I bought the cable and both PCs there. Even worse, they
> charge £40 to put in a HDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**no comment**
Wed 30/05/01 at 00:23
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
PC World are total bandits. They don't sell CPUs and they won't even fit them. Also, they wouldn't help me with Direct Cable Connections, even though I bought the cable and both PCs there. Even worse, they charge £40 to put in a HDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wed 30/05/01 at 00:20
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Ah...I'd gladly help you in burning every PC World store in to the ground, but I still support windows 2000 - can't stand the home versions though.

Back in a while, I've been deprived of Counter-Strike for a fortnight.
Wed 30/05/01 at 00:18
Regular
"everyone says it"
Reaper[DC] wrote:
> Nowt wrong with PCs..Never actually got this straight - do you hate
> PCs as a whole or just Windows?

umm... nope just MICROSOFT and PCWORLD!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.