GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Security Software."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/05/05 at 17:26
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Could I just ask for your recommendations / ratings on anti-virus / firewall, (etc) software packages which you currently use?

At the moment, I've got Norton Internet Security 2003, but am intending to get some newer software as the subscription expires at the end of the month.

I was just going to get the 2005 edition, but wanted to see what the more experienced among this forum use - if you wouldn't mind sparing a minute or two?
Mon 23/05/05 at 13:01
Regular
"bing bang bong"
All you really need is a hardware firewall (a router will do) and a knowledge of how to conduct yourself securely on the internet. Anti-virus software is less than worthless, and a software firewall is inadequate protection (although markedly better than nothing). Keeping spyware programs to hand is a good idea, although if you keep getting spyware on your machine then there's something wrong with the way you are browsing the web.

Also, Windows Update is your best friend.
Mon 23/05/05 at 13:05
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Nimco wrote:
> Anti-spyware programs won't (shouldn't) conflict though.

Sometimes ad-aware will pick up bits of spyware in spybot's quarantine folder (or vice-versa, can't remember which program picks on which).
Mon 23/05/05 at 17:12
Regular
"NULL"
Miserableman wrote:
> Sometimes ad-aware will pick up bits of spyware in spybot's
> quarantine folder (or vice-versa, can't remember which program picks
> on which).

Fair enough - I never use quarantine, I just delete the li'l beggars!
Mon 23/05/05 at 18:38
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Nimco wrote:
> Miserableman wrote:
> Sometimes ad-aware will pick up bits of spyware in spybot's
> quarantine folder (or vice-versa, can't remember which program picks
> on which).
>
> Fair enough - I never use quarantine, I just delete the li'l beggars!

I think it's the record it keeps even after it deletes the spyware, or something. I'm not sure of the particulars, I just remember that it can sometimes happen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.