GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unlimited Broadband"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/05/05 at 14:47
Regular
I would like to upgrade to 1Mbps from my 512K connection, but suddenly all the ISPs have introduced these "caps".

Now I assume my existing connection is unlimited as I've never been cut off from the internet because I've used it too much, but 512K seems to have become a bit slow now.

Anyone know a good ISP for 1Mbps (or higher) with no limit on usage and download?
Sun 15/05/05 at 22:49
Regular
ukonline.net has no usage limits as far as I'm aware and also has an 8 meg speed option

However, it's quite expensive

[URL]http://ukonline.net[/URL]
Sun 15/05/05 at 19:22
Regular
Pipex are pretty much unbeatable at the moment. I'm on their 1Mb service, but only because BT can't supply me with a higher speed. Apparently i can still get UKOnline's 8Mb service as they use their own kit at the exchanges.

£50 setup fee and £29.99 for 8Mb with a 500Gb cap sounds great, although I'm going to stick with Pipex for a while as I don't really need any higher than 1Mb.
Sun 15/05/05 at 19:17
Regular
"Twenty quid."
cjh wrote:
> Pipex have also introduced a loyalty points system as well, which looks promising.

Not it doesn't - have you seen the "rewards" ... ?
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:25
Regular
"bot"
Chipseh wrote:
> DarkFS wrote:
>
> but the problem with
> AOL can somtimes be the conection and you get a lot of lag, whilst
> playing online games.
>
> Yes...
>
> >Apart from that, it's fine.
>
> ...

hahahaha

"the problem can sometimes be the connection"

yer...nothing major then!
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:23
Regular
I hate AOL.

Had it once for 56K - never again.

£23.44 is about what I'm paying monthly for Eclipse 512K anyway, so that seems excellent. Looks like I'll be going with Pipex then.

Thanks.
Sun 15/05/05 at 17:07
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
DarkFS wrote:

but the problem with
> AOL can somtimes be the conection and you get a lot of lag, whilst
> playing online games.

Yes...

>Apart from that, it's fine.

Sun 15/05/05 at 16:58
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Pipex have also introduced a loyalty points system as well, which looks promising.
Sun 15/05/05 at 16:30
Regular
"Pwned"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Except you're missing the problem: it's AOL.

I knew that was coming. AOL's okay. The free security options are very good and also the help centers are okay, but the problem with AOL can somtimes be the conection and you get a lot of lag, whilst playing online games. Apart from that, it's fine.
Sun 15/05/05 at 16:26
Regular
"NULL"
Mav wrote:
> £14.99 - but what is it after that?

£23.44
Sun 15/05/05 at 16:23
Regular
"bot"
Except you're missing the problem: it's AOL.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.