GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the best Nintendo mag?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/05/01 at 14:37
Regular
I want to subscribe to one, but there are so many!
Which one is the best value and is THE BEST?
Fri 01/06/01 at 12:12
Definately N64 magazine it is so much better than the official magazine. Its funny and is written aimed at all ages opposed to 7 year olds like The official magazine. I bought it every month for 2 years, but i find that there is harldly any n64 news round any more and is just not worth buying a magazine for.
Tue 29/05/01 at 22:57
Just read the nintendo websites, they only say the same things anyway.
Tue 29/05/01 at 21:39
Yeah - I already get the official Dreamcast Mag and Edge magazine (really good) but I want to get a Nintendo one - I can't decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue 29/05/01 at 21:16
I haven't had the official Nintendo Magazine for a couple of years because it became more like a comic. Don't know about now, I'm sticking with C&VG, and my official Dreamcast and Playstation mags.
Tue 29/05/01 at 20:08
I do like the Official Mag, but I find that there is not enough info in it. Sure there are great screenshots, and big reviews of future games, but I think the N64 magazine is just slightly better. It has more in depth reviews of games and is nearly twice the size! I still can't decide!! Are there any other mags that are worth looking into?
Tue 29/05/01 at 20:03
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i think that n64 magazine is the best because when you want an honest oppinion about a game they can give it to you , as they are not official nintendo affilates like the official nintendo mag then n64 mag dosen't have to say "the game was ace" when really it is truly c**p !
also it is the best because it has a section devoted to release dates and news from japan and the us ! and they have a huge section containing all the good n64 games (and bad ones !) which tells you how much they scored and if it was good !
but the only thing that honestly puts it down it the £3.30 price tag as it went up from £2.95 to £3.10 then to £3.30 ! it dosen't matter a great deal about the cost because the mag is great !
but if you want an equally as good mag with different stuff in it the get the official one at £2.99.
Tue 29/05/01 at 19:23
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Yes. It has all the latest news and a good amount of screen shots but sometimes I prefere an independant review just to make sure they arn't being biased. When there's a game I want I buy N64 Magazine for a second review. I don't want to waste my money. Also the official magazine is cheaper than most of the others.
Tue 29/05/01 at 19:22
Regular
"Yer mofoing Maw"
Its a tricky situation, you don't want to commit to a magazine because you don't know which one is the best. My advice to you would be The Official Nintendo Magazine is the best. I get it every month and everything about it is spot on, the reviews, the cheats etc etc. It is also the best because it is the Official Nintendo Magazine so everything in it is Official because it has came straight from the mouth of Nintendo. So The Official magazine is the best and the best value for money. However there is a wide variety of magazines and they are all pretty good such as the N64 Magazine but I would still say The Official one is the best bet for you. Hope my advice has helped you come to a decision.
Tue 29/05/01 at 18:15
Official is usually best, so there's my advice.

I get Computer and Video Games though, does enough for me.
Tue 29/05/01 at 14:37
I want to subscribe to one, but there are so many!
Which one is the best value and is THE BEST?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.