GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Back from holiday"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/05/05 at 14:46
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Ooh and what a lovely tan we got from the wind-swept place that is Butlins, Bognor-Regis.
It. Was. Cold.

So, how was I hear you all ask with baited breath? It was ok. The food was your typical mass produced, re-heated stuff. The "entertainment" was cringeworthy apart from one stand up comedy guy who was ok and did a pretty good Elvis impression.

The room was pretty shabby. A bed, a toilet and a shower in a room so badly ventilated that we still had condensation from our first wash when we left today. I did manage to flood the bathroom pretty well using the sink, but I wont go into that any more.

The arcades were really quite poor. Most of the machines didn't work, just took your money and then pretty much laughed at you.

I won £15 at Bingo and CandyFloss won £7.

The one "club", known as Jaks was ok if a little quiet. The real highlight of that place was this one bloke dressed in his pulling clobber.

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/Lori_Lori/Butlins019.jpg[/URL]

Yes, that is a nice green sweater, thick black rimmed glasses AND a bum-bag.

So yeah, it was ok, too many irritating people who don't look where they're going and can't control their spawn of Satan offspring, but otherwise 4 days of cheep fun.

Looks like the election we missed was another bit of a no-show?
Good to see lots of people getting votes though rahter then just two front-runners.

Thanks Tim, CDouch and Lindgren.
Fri 13/05/05 at 21:05
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Only been to the one in Skeggy. Once thankfully and that was enough.

Glad you and Candyfloss had a great time :)
Fri 13/05/05 at 18:11
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I'm no longer popular since I lost my uniform, but you still love me Tim. It means a lot.

*sniff*
Fri 13/05/05 at 17:55
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
We think it might be Goatboy.
Fri 13/05/05 at 17:55
Regular
"Twenty quid."
English_Bloke wrote:
> The one "club", known as Jaks was ok if a little quiet. The real highlight of that place
> was this one bloke dressed in his pulling clobber.
> [URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/Lori_Lori/Butlins019.jpg[/URL]

I swear I know that bloke.

> Thanks Tim, CDouch and Lindgren.

No worries.
Fri 13/05/05 at 15:50
"slightlyshortertagl"
It was nicely quiet for the last week...
Fri 13/05/05 at 15:16
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I have the impression of an empty, run down place which makes me sad.

I loved the Wizzy Kids people... as well as the 10p horse racing things in the arcade and the bright blue cocktails.
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Oh yes, drunked pikey parents are interesting too. This one bloke decided to tell me all about how there was some nice "kitty" at the bar and how if he were there alone he'd be right in there. His wife of 10-years was sitting right next to him showing Lori pictures of their 4 kids.

I said, "I don't think half of them are even legal" to which he replied "so what, it's no matter!"

I liked him a lot...

He then spilt a drink over his foot, rubbed his stubbly face against mine and then went off to the bar for half an hour.
Wooo, Butlins!

That woman on the far right looks as if she was being possessed by a giant, glowing spirit.
Fri 13/05/05 at 15:13
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
CDouch wrote:
> Damn my eyes. Guess I'll have to live on without seeing him.

You are missing out. Trust me.
He was even better in person.
Fri 13/05/05 at 15:12
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Skegness, Bognor... the one in Wales too. There was one in Ayr in
> Scotland but I knew that got sold off.

Minehead

> Wizzy World Wizzy World, let's get Dizzy World.
>
> Now THEY were the days.

The kids entertainers this time were just annoying.

While waiting for CandyFloss who was in a line to get our keys I was getting stressed at being asked to move around so this woman could do something to this cart next to me. I was standing with all our stuff when this "entertainer" dressed all in pink came over and said I'd nicked her pillows because they have a little pink on them and therefore they are like her costume...I told her that they were much nicer then her horrid costume to which she feigned crying and another person dressed all in purple came over to comfort her. There weren't even any kids about!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.