GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OMG our kids are out of control!!!1"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/05/05 at 15:26
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4539861.stm[/URL]

Okay, is it just me, or does seem like the kind of stuff every schoolkid has been getting up to since the dawn of time, rather than the bad influence of telly shows? Just because they're using their mobile phones to film it doesn't mean hitting unpopular kids is a new thing. If anything, shows like Jackass and Dirty Sanchez are an extension of the kind of childhood japes that we all used to play at school, no?

Yet another OMG TV AND TECNOLOGY ARE RUININNG R KIDS FUTURES! story to chuckle at, in a world-weary, middle class kind of way.
Thu 12/05/05 at 15:26
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4539861.stm[/URL]

Okay, is it just me, or does seem like the kind of stuff every schoolkid has been getting up to since the dawn of time, rather than the bad influence of telly shows? Just because they're using their mobile phones to film it doesn't mean hitting unpopular kids is a new thing. If anything, shows like Jackass and Dirty Sanchez are an extension of the kind of childhood japes that we all used to play at school, no?

Yet another OMG TV AND TECNOLOGY ARE RUININNG R KIDS FUTURES! story to chuckle at, in a world-weary, middle class kind of way.
Thu 12/05/05 at 15:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Yet another OMG TV AND TECNOLOGY ARE RUININNG R KIDS FUTURES! story
> to chuckle at, in a world-weary, middle class kind of way.

Unpopular kids, one thing, serious assults on random members of the public another. [URL]http://www.al4ie.com/?p=5[/URL]

Check out the "videos cobbled together" link.

rtsp://helix5.streamuk.com/alfie/happyslapping.mov

[edit] The video has been taken down. This isn't a fun activity, the video shows people minding their own business, while someone simply walks up to then and slaps then, not lightly either. There's a few punches / kicks in the face in there too.

[edit2]

Aha, mirror. [URL]http://www.blogtelevision.net/p/Watch-Video-Creative-consumer-Happy-Slappy___1,2,,28214.html[/URL]
Thu 12/05/05 at 16:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
There's just something wrong with kids these days. I don't know what it is.
Thu 12/05/05 at 16:17
Regular
"Laughingstock"
What would be really 'funny' is if a person they slapped turned round and beat the living crap out of them. Let's hope it happens soon.
Thu 12/05/05 at 16:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
After watching that I'll quite happily kick the living crap out of anybody I see doing that to anybody near me.
Slapping a woman in the face, hard, on a tube? Hilarity. Kicking somebody in the face. Ho ho.

TV or not, these insects deserve stabbing in the eyes.
Thu 12/05/05 at 17:38
Regular
Hmm. What are we saying here?

Unpopular kids -- fair game
Strangers -- unacceptable?

Obviously this is a totally f***ed up thing to do, but obviously it's not really any worse than using a similar amount of violence against some kid you know.
Except possibly in the nature of the intent behind it, I'm not sure about that though.

Was that kid tied to the railing behind him? When the extended one of him was played I had to stop watching.

But what can you really do about this, on a large scale?
Thu 12/05/05 at 17:56
Regular
The difference with things like this and Jackass is that in Jackass the crazy people are only hurting themselves - voluntarily.
Going out and doing things to people minding their own business...

Thing is, if these people do something back to a kid, even in self defence, isn't it classed as assault on a minor?
Thu 12/05/05 at 18:04
Regular
Strafio wrote:
> Thing is, if these people do something back to a kid, even in self
> defence, isn't it classed as assault on a minor?

Not as self defence.

But by the nature of these things, you don't see it coming, so don't get much chance to react, and the nature of the cowards who pull such stunts is that they're unlikely to try it on someone who can fight back.

However, under any circumstances you'd have to feel slightly uncomfortable with the idea of beating the crap out of some kid!
Thu 12/05/05 at 18:06
"period drama"
Yeah - please do hook your nipples up to car batteries, or jump off a cliff into some raw sewage, but don't go around hitting random strangers for fun.
Muh.

But I don't have any kids, so it's not my problem.
Thu 12/05/05 at 18:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
People should just shut up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.