GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why WoW sucks..."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/05/05 at 21:31
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Ok everyone else has done it so one more SURELY can't do any harm...

I bought WoW on Sunday, and after much patching and problems (Im behind a firewall using an HTTP tunnel), I got the damn game working.

I spent the first 50 minutes feeling my heart sink as I had to grind and grind and to do the most repetitive and mundane tasks, and was quite frankly getting bored and failing to understand what all the fuss was all about.

However without realising it I played for 5 hours straight ( my machine crashed during Hour 5)...

The rest is history, over 3 days I have become a druid hellbent on achieving my first shapechange.

Darn it! I have gone from being the cool environmental economist to a raving nerd unashamedly pronouncing my in game victories and encounters with other players to all my friends (I believe the number of "friends" has since fallen significantly)...

Grrr...

So this is my message to any would be WoW players. DONT DO IT - Its EVIL.
Wed 11/05/05 at 21:31
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Ok everyone else has done it so one more SURELY can't do any harm...

I bought WoW on Sunday, and after much patching and problems (Im behind a firewall using an HTTP tunnel), I got the damn game working.

I spent the first 50 minutes feeling my heart sink as I had to grind and grind and to do the most repetitive and mundane tasks, and was quite frankly getting bored and failing to understand what all the fuss was all about.

However without realising it I played for 5 hours straight ( my machine crashed during Hour 5)...

The rest is history, over 3 days I have become a druid hellbent on achieving my first shapechange.

Darn it! I have gone from being the cool environmental economist to a raving nerd unashamedly pronouncing my in game victories and encounters with other players to all my friends (I believe the number of "friends" has since fallen significantly)...

Grrr...

So this is my message to any would be WoW players. DONT DO IT - Its EVIL.
Wed 11/05/05 at 21:33
Regular
I've never really seen the appeal of a online only game that charges about £10 a month for the (dubiously said) 'privilege'
Wed 11/05/05 at 21:35
Regular
"Mozzy"
Same here.
Wed 11/05/05 at 22:28
"For the horde!!!!"
Guildwars is simular but as no subscription fees.
Thu 12/05/05 at 06:39
Regular
You're all missing the points though.

It's a game quite clearly up there as Greatest Game of All Time™
It's unbelievably fun, addictive, goodlooking and pick-up-and-play (a first for MMORPGS)
It's £8 a month. Now, I'd rather pay £8 each month (or £23 per quarter) for a game I know I'm going to keep loving for a looong time, rather than paying £30+ each Month for a sub-standard console game I'll be bored of come the following Month - and believe me, console gaming has really become sub-standard since this game hit retail, hell even before it did, on the Betas!

Anyone who moans about the Monthly fee quite simply must be a complete moron, simple as that.
Thu 12/05/05 at 07:32
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
MMORPGs games are a waste of life.

Simply.
Thu 12/05/05 at 08:17
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Restarted as a Tauren Hunter last night and got the initial grind. Was getting seriously bored. then, leanered skinning, leatherworking, fishing and cooking. It's starting to open up a little now, and I'm getting a grip on the character.

The fees, as far as I'm concerned, allow you to play on the development companies servers. Therefore, they're free of hackers and cheats, or if there ARE hackers and cheats, they get found out qu8ickly, and banned.

8 quid per month for the best game I've ever played in 20+ years of gaming? It's a steal. Those that complain, can't afford it and have the green eyed monster. ;D
Thu 12/05/05 at 08:50
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mackieee wrote:
> MMORPGs games are a waste of life.
>
> Simply.

And By MMORPG you mean all video games in general?
Thu 12/05/05 at 13:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> 8 quid per month for the best game I've ever played in 20+ years of
> gaming? It's a steal. Those that complain, can't afford it and have
> the green eyed monster. ;D

Yep, or they are too closed minded to even give it a try.
Sun 15/05/05 at 19:52
Regular
"Ow Yer"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Mackieee wrote:
> MMORPGs games are a waste of life.
>
> Simply.
>
> And By MMORPG you mean all video games in general?

lol thats true and on mmorpgs people can see your achievements and you can take your game in almost any direction but in a normal offline games you do what everyone else is doing and get nothing for it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.