GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why WoW sucks..."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/05/05 at 21:31
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Ok everyone else has done it so one more SURELY can't do any harm...

I bought WoW on Sunday, and after much patching and problems (Im behind a firewall using an HTTP tunnel), I got the damn game working.

I spent the first 50 minutes feeling my heart sink as I had to grind and grind and to do the most repetitive and mundane tasks, and was quite frankly getting bored and failing to understand what all the fuss was all about.

However without realising it I played for 5 hours straight ( my machine crashed during Hour 5)...

The rest is history, over 3 days I have become a druid hellbent on achieving my first shapechange.

Darn it! I have gone from being the cool environmental economist to a raving nerd unashamedly pronouncing my in game victories and encounters with other players to all my friends (I believe the number of "friends" has since fallen significantly)...

Grrr...

So this is my message to any would be WoW players. DONT DO IT - Its EVIL.
Mon 16/05/05 at 11:52
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> Yeah.
> But Chaos Theory is superb, I have to admit. And Forza lets me race
> cars I can't afford and smash into Minis which I can't survive in
> real life.

Aye, I've heard CT is excellent. I'll have to get a hold of it when I've some spare cash.
Mon 16/05/05 at 11:51
Regular
After the dull fest of PGR2 I realised how incredibly average most racing games are.

Too much Gran Turismo over the years has done this to me, WoW has just destroyed anything else, ever :(
Mon 16/05/05 at 11:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah.
But Chaos Theory is superb, I have to admit. And Forza lets me race cars I can't afford and smash into Minis which I can't survive in real life.

Strangely, WoW has made all my PC games seem linear and dull. Still haven't played Bros in Arms for more than 1hr in the weeks I've had it, Half Life 2 (whilst impressive and fun) is raising a "Meh" from me.
And as for Counterstrike Source...can't abide that twitch frag-fest hackapalooza anymore.

WoW during the day & weekends, Forza in the evening.
Lovely.
Mon 16/05/05 at 11:35
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Suicide Soldier wrote:
> Console gaming has paled so much, even before WoW it was going down
> hill for me and after playing Chaos Theory for about 10mins before
> lobbing it on the shelf.

I just don't have any interest in offline gaming anymore. So technically, WoW does suck bacuse I just cant abide the restrictions single player games (by their nature) force on you. I've always been a big fan of open ended gameplay, and WoW nails it perfectly IMHO. And it's just so much damned fun...
Mon 16/05/05 at 11:20
Regular
Console gaming has paled so much, even before WoW it was going down hill for me and after playing Chaos Theory for about 10mins before lobbing it on the shelf I have decided not to waste any more money/time on console gaming for the time being - only exception will be Resident Evil 4 which I will pick up towards the end of this month.

When generic racer 10000000 becomes the biggest game on the Xbox release calendar, it's time I didn't bother :D
Mon 16/05/05 at 07:27
Regular
"Monochromatic"
That would have been great if my system hadn't had unidentifyable components that it couldn't read :(
Mon 16/05/05 at 07:14
Regular
Try this:

[URL]http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/gameadvisor/default.mspx[/URL]

If you haven't already, that is.
Mon 16/05/05 at 07:07
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ok going to have a look if it will run on this pc, slightly put off by the subscription and if it will run might look into getting into it later this year when i have money and you're all so advanced i will forever be your whipping boy.
EDIT
Graphics chip not up to the job
Mon 16/05/05 at 07:03
Regular
Oh well done, imbecile.

Just because you sucked at the game and managed to get yourself hacked, doesn't mean the game is crap.

By the sound of it, your friend is better off without you, you sound like the complete whiney moron society can do without.
Mon 16/05/05 at 06:56
Regular
"WoW sucks"
I agree with original post, WoW sucks really bad. I bought itbecause a friend of mine was going to buy it. Again, after trailing and downloading so many patches, i got it working. Made a Tauran hunter.got to about lvl 5 and got very bored. I tried to get up to lvl 13 in 3 months due to it being so boring and finally my friend got the stupid game. I tryed to login... -Your subscription time has run out- F************** H**** I shouted. I tryed to login to ass more subscription on the site, but my password had changed so i couldnt login and buy more subscription. I had been hacked, and i tryed to make a new account. BUT you needs the CD key for the account, not to install. How much does that suck. WoW is bad keep away from them. Oh yeah, and my friend wont stop playing and now we have lost contact with each other. Thanks alot WoW you NOBS

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.