GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Xbox is Dying!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/11/04 at 13:28
Regular
Perfect timing. Halo 2 and Pro Evo 4 are due out and my Xbox has decided to die out on me.

It's still working at the moment, but the fan has gone really loud, the disc tray wont always open (gets jammed on nothing as if the sliding mechanism is loose) and as I've already previously stated, the DVD playback has gone all dodgy.

I really am going to have to consider getting a replacement and transferring all the game saves I can to the other.

I hope it does last me throughout Halo 2 and Pro Evo 4...I don't want to fork out on a replacement til atleast after Christmas!
Sun 07/11/04 at 18:54
Regular
Daveus wrote:
How can you play Halo 2 with
> UUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR infront of you?

I don't hear it when playing games - I have nice digital audio through my hifi and I've got one of those SoundStation 3s - so although it ain't quite 5.1, it's still 7 speakers (including TV) generating a nice loud noise.
Sun 07/11/04 at 18:29
Regular
"28,06,42,12"
u proably ave already tried this but turn it on with the on button let it go througnt the motions then try to get it to play games. might work might not and if not pick 1 up cheap second hand.
Sun 07/11/04 at 09:46
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Ashman wrote:
> Silent Thunder wrote:
> It's odd that it just seems like these two games in particular, the
> others work fine. :S
>
> Which ones?

GTA 3 and Thief 3.

I've only had it for 4/5 months now.
Sun 07/11/04 at 09:42
Regular
"BOSE"
My xbox' fan made a loud noise. I called it a lawnmower noise. It was that loud! Don't realy know what caused it really. It might of been playing too many dvds or something that burnt the laser out. Shortly after every game i put in it froze after a few mins.

My advice, buy a new one. How can you play Halo 2 with UUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR infront of you?
Sat 06/11/04 at 23:44
Regular
Aye, something inside it is very high - it's actually causing my TV unit to vibrate!
Sat 06/11/04 at 22:13
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> BP at 160 over 20

Bloody hell!
Sat 06/11/04 at 22:11
Regular
My Xbox's innards should be immaculate. I keep mine in as dust free an environment as possible and take care of the actual discs so there shouldn't be any gunk getting in.

Could well need a clean - I'll only do that once I've got a replacement though - so I can continue to use the older one for system link.
Sat 06/11/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Optical"
My mate had the same problems and he took his apart and cleaned it and said it worked fine after. He is an electrician tho.
Sat 06/11/04 at 20:14
Regular
"Gamertag Number 10"
If you know the shops that repair consoles for £30 & £60, Or try at home to fix it.
Sat 06/11/04 at 19:05
Regular
well, it made me laugh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.