GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Futureheads"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/05/05 at 17:15
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Seeing them tonight at the Manchester Academy. Some average support (forgot their names... Ladyfuzz and some blokes who had a decent first single) means I'll be there for doors for some reason. Sticking to my usual tradition of listening to something completely unrelated for weeks before the event (Bright Eyes, mainly), I'm so not getting into the vibe yet.

But anyway, onto the band. I'm sure I've recommended them to you all before... Well before this whole hounds of love release and before they re-released the album with a bonus DVD. But back then, my attempts were largely unfruitful. But, like a bad rash, I'm back to irritate you all again.

The album's going for cheap now, so you should easily be able to pick it up from any decent retailer. Download it if you must. Either way, you need to get Robot into your life. You can hear pretty much all of the album (on 1 minute samples) on the official website ([URL]http://www.thefutureheads.com[/URL]) if you're too lazy to open Kazaa and search.

Standout tracks:
Robot
Hounds of Love
First Day
Carnival Kids
Stupid and Shallow

Go go go. If you can be bothered.
Tue 10/05/05 at 17:53
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Whoowww, you like bright eyes, go you.
Tue 10/05/05 at 17:38
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Big Maximo fan, am I. Followed them since late last year after hearing them live on MTV2, downloaded a few tracks and saw them live in February. Absolutely amazing, they are.

ANd Futureheads, new band? Their album came out 11 months ago and they were along for a long time fore that - remember having A to B stuck in my head during my Maths GCSE mock exam - about 20 months ago.

Relatively new, yes, but by no means brand spanking.
Tue 10/05/05 at 13:45
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Thank you. You'll be getting my vote
Tue 10/05/05 at 13:44
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Re-release, the original release wasn't as successful as it could be due to nobody knowing of them, so they re-release it.

The Killers did it with Somebody Told Me, Keane did it with This is the Last Time. Can't think of any others off of the top of my head. Oh, the Ceasars have done it too, Jerk it Out came out years ago and they're only re-released it because of the iPod advert.
Tue 10/05/05 at 13:40
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
How come Decent Days and Nights is still on Kerrang and Q?
Tue 10/05/05 at 13:38
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Kaiserfan wrote:
> Absolutely amazing new band
>
> Decent Days And Nights has been stuck in my head for what seems an
> eternity and before that Hounds Of Love was stuck in my head

Decent Days and Nights was released yonks ago. Yonks I tell ya', yonks.

They sounded good live on the radio last night, Magic Numbers were really good though, I'm thinking of getting their album, and Maximo Park are amazing live, Graffiti is the tune of the moment for me.
Tue 10/05/05 at 13:22
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
They remind me of The Jam.
Tue 10/05/05 at 13:08
Regular
"Excellent"
Absolutely amazing new band

Decent Days And Nights has been stuck in my head for what seems an eternity and before that Hounds Of Love was stuck in my head

V.v catchy songs
Tue 10/05/05 at 07:10
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Right, time for a 'report':

SUpport wasn't too bad - Ladyfuzz were barable, whereas The Mystery Jets absolute owned throughout their set. Zootime is an absolute tune. Though 2 of the blokes in them desperately want to be Pete and Carl from The Libertines, they have a style like I've never heard before. I could see myself going to see them as headliners at the academy in a few months time.

But onto The Futureheads. Well, decent performance, played all of their singles, but the encore far surpassed the main act. Easily the most hectic gig I've ever been to, the most I've ever sweat, too. Which doesn't sound too romantic, does it?

I went absolute mental when they started playing 'Ticket' (if you can find that, download it - far and away their best song, but not on the album, unfortunately) and got a few strange looks by the people in front of me. Also sung a line of Man Ray to this random girl-type-thing. She was quite fit. 'I could see his hands they were touching you all night'. Probably not the best line to sing if I wanted any.

Oh, and I saw an old school friend. Who, as it turns out, is an absolute legend.

Respect.
Mon 09/05/05 at 18:16
Regular
"tokyo police club"
You have a girlfriend that likes The Futureheads? I envy you.

Unless she's a heffer. Then you can keep her.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.