GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Futureheads"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/05/05 at 17:15
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Seeing them tonight at the Manchester Academy. Some average support (forgot their names... Ladyfuzz and some blokes who had a decent first single) means I'll be there for doors for some reason. Sticking to my usual tradition of listening to something completely unrelated for weeks before the event (Bright Eyes, mainly), I'm so not getting into the vibe yet.

But anyway, onto the band. I'm sure I've recommended them to you all before... Well before this whole hounds of love release and before they re-released the album with a bonus DVD. But back then, my attempts were largely unfruitful. But, like a bad rash, I'm back to irritate you all again.

The album's going for cheap now, so you should easily be able to pick it up from any decent retailer. Download it if you must. Either way, you need to get Robot into your life. You can hear pretty much all of the album (on 1 minute samples) on the official website ([URL]http://www.thefutureheads.com[/URL]) if you're too lazy to open Kazaa and search.

Standout tracks:
Robot
Hounds of Love
First Day
Carnival Kids
Stupid and Shallow

Go go go. If you can be bothered.
Mon 09/05/05 at 17:15
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Seeing them tonight at the Manchester Academy. Some average support (forgot their names... Ladyfuzz and some blokes who had a decent first single) means I'll be there for doors for some reason. Sticking to my usual tradition of listening to something completely unrelated for weeks before the event (Bright Eyes, mainly), I'm so not getting into the vibe yet.

But anyway, onto the band. I'm sure I've recommended them to you all before... Well before this whole hounds of love release and before they re-released the album with a bonus DVD. But back then, my attempts were largely unfruitful. But, like a bad rash, I'm back to irritate you all again.

The album's going for cheap now, so you should easily be able to pick it up from any decent retailer. Download it if you must. Either way, you need to get Robot into your life. You can hear pretty much all of the album (on 1 minute samples) on the official website ([URL]http://www.thefutureheads.com[/URL]) if you're too lazy to open Kazaa and search.

Standout tracks:
Robot
Hounds of Love
First Day
Carnival Kids
Stupid and Shallow

Go go go. If you can be bothered.
Mon 09/05/05 at 17:24
"period drama"
You forgot Decent Days and Nights, crabhole.
Mon 09/05/05 at 17:27
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Clearly not a standout track... I don't know. Possibly will be for some people - most people, in fact. But for me, there are better songs on the album that haven't been released.

Though DDAN probably works best as a single.

Just imagine what the video could be like for Robot, though... The Futureheads as Robots. Could be as genius as Goldie Lookin' Chains 'Half man, half machine' video. Possibly.
Mon 09/05/05 at 17:31
"period drama"
I didn't even know it was a single. So there.

I was gonna say there's some right asscheese on the album ... and went to get an example ... but couldn't find any. Like, wtf mate!??!1
Must be some bits of some songs that are otherwise good.

Or something.
Hush.
Mon 09/05/05 at 17:34
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Danger of the water can be a bit disappointing when it comes on, if you're in a certain mood. I mean, if you're looking for some of that guitar-rock-type-goodness (that's the best I can describe them as, unfortunately) Danger of the Water slows it down a bit.

Pity that it still absolutely owns, though.
Mon 09/05/05 at 18:10
Regular
Looking forward to seeing them at Leeds and maybe the free Orange gig at Newcastle.

*runs*
Mon 09/05/05 at 18:12
Regular
"tokyo police club"
You're going to Leeds festival?

Oh, n00b... I'll see you there.

Possibly.
Mon 09/05/05 at 18:14
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Seeing them on Sunday. They're okay, I'm not really a fan (although I haven't heard much) but my girlfriend likes them and some mates are going.

Should be good and they may win me over.
Mon 09/05/05 at 18:16
Regular
"tokyo police club"
You have a girlfriend that likes The Futureheads? I envy you.

Unless she's a heffer. Then you can keep her.
Tue 10/05/05 at 07:10
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Right, time for a 'report':

SUpport wasn't too bad - Ladyfuzz were barable, whereas The Mystery Jets absolute owned throughout their set. Zootime is an absolute tune. Though 2 of the blokes in them desperately want to be Pete and Carl from The Libertines, they have a style like I've never heard before. I could see myself going to see them as headliners at the academy in a few months time.

But onto The Futureheads. Well, decent performance, played all of their singles, but the encore far surpassed the main act. Easily the most hectic gig I've ever been to, the most I've ever sweat, too. Which doesn't sound too romantic, does it?

I went absolute mental when they started playing 'Ticket' (if you can find that, download it - far and away their best song, but not on the album, unfortunately) and got a few strange looks by the people in front of me. Also sung a line of Man Ray to this random girl-type-thing. She was quite fit. 'I could see his hands they were touching you all night'. Probably not the best line to sing if I wanted any.

Oh, and I saw an old school friend. Who, as it turns out, is an absolute legend.

Respect.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.