GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Third Term: A New Hope"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/05/05 at 11:14
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
So Labour are (unsurprisingly) back in. The tories are happy as they've made gains. Libdems are happy for the same reason. Respect are happy because they won a seat. Scots Nationalists are happy for winning a few too.

Everyone (Plaid Cymru excepted) seems happy. And, I suppose, I can see their point. Labour are back, but with a much reduced majority. They wouldn't have been able to push through an awful lot of their legislation in the last parliament had they only had that majority. So Blair now HAS to pay more than lip service to his backbenchers. We might actually have genuine politics back, rather than a series of unpopular measures that ride roughshod over objections.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and to a large extent Labour no longer have that Absolute power. Time will tell whether or not that makes a difference.
Mon 09/05/05 at 19:23
Regular
"8==="
He looks like Red Ken's evil brother.
Mon 09/05/05 at 08:53
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Skarra wrote:

> Ye, but Hitler could create jobs, and keep the pot hole's filled.
> Does that mean its a pro to have him in office, course not... lol.
> And Paxman wasnt an idiot, he was a genious to show up the beast as
> he did. :)

Tut tut; the official New Labour comparison for Galloway is with Oswald Mosely. Not very on-message of you...

How exactly does asking a provocative question solely to bait someone expose someone as a "beast"? And, for that matter, how is he a beast in the first place (if you can explain why without resorting to one of the numerous libels against him, I'll be very impressed).
Mon 09/05/05 at 02:38
Regular
"8==="
Ant wrote:
>
> It'd be interesting to see what happens if one of the younger guys
> get in, and I know I keep going on about him but I really like
> Kenneth Clarke - he's honest, and quite funny with it.

Clarke's sitting on a board or two (Tobacco I think) so I doubt he's interested. It's rumoured he threw the contest a whle back because he simply didn't want to be leader.

Money talks, especially if you're Tory.
Sun 08/05/05 at 23:40
"period drama"
Paxman was a bit of a nobber that time.
Shame, he's a legend most days.
Sun 08/05/05 at 23:38
Regular
Skarra wrote:
> Ye, but Hitler could create jobs, and keep the pot hole's filled.
> Does that mean its a pro to have him in office, course not... lol.
> And Paxman wasnt an idiot, he was a genious to show up the beast as
> he did. :)

Who said anything about creating jobs?
He simply said that he actually LISTENED to the people who were voting for him. And Paxman, didn't actually see it, but didn't he try and have a go at him for going up against a black woman?
Sounded like a bit of a mongol...
Sun 08/05/05 at 22:41
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Catchy
Sun 08/05/05 at 22:34
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
dunno if any of you have seen this but its so funny:

[URL]http://eclectech.co.uk/veritasparty.php[/URL] oh its about the Veritas party
Sun 08/05/05 at 22:22
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Regarding Galloway, I stay in what used to be his old seat. Of course
> being a politician makes him a liar and thief etc, he is actually a
> good MP. Some do sweet FA. You went to Galloway for something and it
> actually got listened to and often dealt with. Which was good,
> because previously to that my MP had been Donald Dewar, who would let
> you walk up to him whilst he had his pie and beans for dinner in the
> safeway cafe and rant as if it were a normal surgery.

Ye, but Hitler could create jobs, and keep the pot hole's filled. Does that mean its a pro to have him in office, course not... lol. And Paxman wasnt an idiot, he was a genious to show up the beast as he did. :)
Sun 08/05/05 at 20:47
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hedfix wrote:
> Hahahahahaha!
>
> You are being sarcastic, right?

Not particularly. They had a GREAT chance to utterly own Labour at this election, but if we're honest, Michael Howard never really did himself any favours.

It'd be interesting to see what happens if one of the younger guys get in, and I know I keep going on about him but I really like Kenneth Clarke - he's honest, and quite funny with it. To win an election, a lot depends on charisma...I know it seems strange, and should obviously be based on policies, but look at what happened to Iain Duncan Smith.

EDIT - However, take into account that I'm still actually too young to vote and am therefore probably talking out of my @rse. :)
Sun 08/05/05 at 19:30
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Poor Donald Dewar, he was much better than the other donkey First Ministers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.