GetDotted Domains

At GetDotted, a 1 year .co.uk, .uk, .me.uk or .org.uk registration is now just £1.95 ex VAT.

Search Domains Now

Viewing Thread:
"Well Played Lads"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/05/05 at 21:47
Regular
"Colourless"
Posts: 4,345
Thought we were unlucky tonight. To lose to that "goal" is a bit frustrating, but you win some you lose some.

Carragher was superb tonight. I put him in my team of the season, and tonight proved why. I think it should be him and Terry in the England team personally....

Am proud of our lads, put a great effort in and were unlucky.

Congrats to Liverpool (and Stryke, Ant, Stu etc.) and good luck in the final.
Thu 05/05/05 at 20:20
Regular
"Colourless"
Posts: 4,345
Dringo wrote:
> Or maybe I didn't know how to spell Cech.

I wasn't actually talking to you.... :)

But you also spelt it wrong, so big smacks....
Thu 05/05/05 at 20:19
Regular
"Colourless"
Posts: 4,345
KOPKING wrote:
> Course we are we got to the final beating teams who were all
> favourites to beat us. And stoppin Chelsea scoring for 186+ minutes
> thats an acomplishment in itself. All with a team who with some of
> the players you would never have expected to get out of the group
> stages.

That's not true. Most of your players are world class, with the exception of Dudek, Traore, Biscan, and BAROS. :P

Hmm, I wonder if you would have stopped us scoring for 186 minutes if we had our full strength team out. I also wonder how many goals you would score if Cisse was fit and you didn't have to play Baros.
Thu 05/05/05 at 09:26
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Posts: 8,818
Cech the Czech.
Thu 05/05/05 at 00:45
Regular
Posts: 18,185
Colourless wrote:

> And clearly, if you can't even spell Cech, you do have a sh*t memory.

Or maybe I didn't know how to spell Cech.

If I saw him come flying out at me i'd fall down too!
Wed 04/05/05 at 23:58
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Posts: 487
Colourless wrote:

> i.e You've realised I am right :P

No feel it could have went either way however before I thought it was a cast iron penalty and red card.

> Did anyone appeal for a penalty when Baros went down? Not even Baros.

Baros looked at the ref expectin a penalty however when Garcia scored he didn't need the penalty so no need for the penalty.

> And I've seen images of Gudjohnsen appealing, so I'd assume others
> did. To be honest, the cameras were focussed on the liverpool players
> celebrating to see any appeals.

Gudjohnsen wasn't at the goal line so he would appeal as it appeared to have been cleared. You could see Gallas and Carvahlio(spelling?) and they didn't appeal

> Erm, no-one ever questioned the result. Not sure bout the
> "merit" bit though :)

Course we are we got to the final beating teams who were all favourites to beat us. And stoppin Chelsea scoring for 186+ minutes thats an acomplishment in itself. All with a team who with some of the players you would never have expected to get out of the group stages.
Wed 04/05/05 at 23:45
Regular
"Colourless"
Posts: 4,345
KOPKING wrote:
> I still think it's inconclusive as it looks like Cech throws his hands
> out and they catch Baros while hes running through to probably score.

i.e You've realised I am right :P

> Don't you think that if they were even remotely sure it wasn't a goal
> then they would have complained to the ref?

Did anyone appeal for a penalty when Baros went down? Not even Baros. And I've seen images of Gudjohnsen appealing, so I'd assume others did. To be honest, the cameras were focussed on the liverpool players celebrating to see any appeals.


> It doesn't really matter anyway the result stands and Liverpool are
> in the final on merit.

Erm, no-one ever questioned the result. Not sure bout the "merit" bit though :)
Wed 04/05/05 at 23:42
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Posts: 487
I still think it's inconclusive as it looks like Cech throws his hands out and they catch Baros while hes running through to probably score.

A point about the goal. Did anyone else notice on the 3D image that Gallas' feet werent positioned where they were in the game when he cleared. looks like the mock up may be wrong and also none of the Chelsea players appealed against the decision to award the goal. Don't you think that if they were even remotely sure it wasn't a goal then they would have complained to the ref?

It doesn't really matter anyway the result stands and Liverpool are in the final on merit.
Wed 04/05/05 at 23:34
Regular
"Colourless"
Posts: 4,345
Watch it again. You'll see Cech rush out. Then Stop. Then Baros taps it pas**t him. Then Baros (with his boot raised high) kick Cech and go down. I can see why the ref might have given a penalty because at firs**t sight it looks like he fouled him, but if you watch closely you'll see he didnt.

And clearly, if you can't even spell Cech, you do have a sh*t memory.
Wed 04/05/05 at 23:09
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Posts: 487
Jules wrote:
> from what i remember he ran out to get the ball but missed and hit
> baros. then again i have a sh*t memory

Thats my recollection of it anyway.
Wed 04/05/05 at 22:59
Regular
"This is my tagline"
Posts: 94
from what i remember he ran out to get the ball but missed and hit baros. then again i have a sh*t memory

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.