GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Comp - Final Specs!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/05/05 at 15:58
Regular
"Touched!"
Right..OCUK finally got the CPU in stock so here is my final Spec!

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego Core (1mb cache ) Socket 939 - £240
Connect 3D ATI Radeon X850 XT PE PCI-E - £340
DFI NF4 Ultra-D PCI-E Socket 939 Motherboard - £108
Enermax ATX 2.0 485w PSU - £65

Those are my new bits which will be added to my

2 x 512mb PC 3200 Crucial Ram
WD 8mb Cache 160gb HDD (Tempted to grab a raptor drive in a few months - anyone got one?)

Quite looking forward to getting this beast up and running. Gotta wait until thurs now as there are loads of OCUK backorders plus my CC company declined my first order because I spent £600 in one go so had to get that sorted! So come thursday I should have it all built ready for some benchmarking! Really looking forward to seeing what this mother can do!
Tue 03/05/05 at 18:57
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
That processor seems like a right barging.
Tue 03/05/05 at 19:03
Regular
"Bicycle"
Tyla wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> but im still also waiting on the Socket 939 AGP board from DFI.
>
> Same here. Quite happy to upgrade now, but only bought my X800Pro in
> Dec for £320 (AGP) and don't really want to be shelling out for
> another one just to go PCIe!

Well, when you do, I'd be happy to relieve you of the X800Pro :D.
Tue 03/05/05 at 22:28
Regular
"Touched!"
I rekon it'll be £600 well spent! Might get a new TFT and sell my old one..should get £150 for it! Still got 3 years warrenty left on this one!
Fri 06/05/05 at 09:58
Regular
"Touched!"
grrr. Still waiting for the parts. Been phoning OCUK since tuesday. First CC didn't go through. Then wed their system was down and now for some reason it never got despatched yesturday. Phoned up for about the 10th time today and actually got a decent guy who put it through for Sat before 12 del so I *should* get it tomorrow. If it's not here by 2 I'll be phoning them and getting my money back! I don't mind people making mistakes but I was blatantly fobbed off yesturday.
Fri 06/05/05 at 11:06
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> but I was blatantly fobbed off yesturday.

They lie about their stock levels. I waited 2 and a hlaf months for an Ultra card (and other assorted upgrades), which they repeatedly said would "be with you next week" and exentually had to get a Gainward 6800GT Golden sample when my existing card died.

I'll never use them again. they took the grand out in a flash, but were quite happy lying to keep the cash.

From ordering till completed order was 3 months.
Fri 06/05/05 at 11:38
Regular
"Touched!"
They have always been alright with me. If it doesn't arrive by 2pm tomorrow I'll be getting my money back.
Fri 06/05/05 at 11:42
Regular
Hmm, didn't notice this thread...

Nice setup though, shame about the service problems you're having :(

My experience with Komplett and Dabs (both my first time purchases) were excellent. I went on to make a further 2 orders with Dabs, each order arriving no later than 2 days after.

They may not be the cheapest, I don't know, but i am very satisfied with their efficiency and service.

Here's hoping you get your kit with no more problems!
Fri 06/05/05 at 11:56
Regular
"Touched!"
FINALLY! Got a bloody tracking number. I've been pulling my hair out. Anyway, I like OCUK but you do hear dodgy stories at times (like mine!) They've always been ok with me though. Komplett are faultless in my experience. Had some faulty Ram from them and they sorted it out straight away. Also dabs have been ok and I've just ordered my brother a wireless k/b + mouse from them. Has anyone got any experience of SATA drives? I'm currently using an IDE one but Payday is on the 20th and I sense a 74gb Western Digital Raptor (10,000 RPM) coming my way!

Is the setup much different from the bog standard IDE drive?
Fri 06/05/05 at 11:59
Regular
Setting up SATA is a pisseasy as setting up IDE. Power cable in one slot, SATA cable from HD to Mobo. Just make sure you set your CD/DVD to Master as it'll have it's own IDE cable then.
Fri 06/05/05 at 12:04
Regular
"Touched!"
Cheers mate. I also need a new DVD burner too. Might order that soon too :) NEC Dual layer one looks like a winner to me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.