GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So I was looking at Advertisement Billboards in Town..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/05/05 at 15:22
Regular
And I come across a picture of Micheal Howard sleeping, with a dream bubble saying something about slashing schools and hospitals.
The message saying something about imagine waking up to this after election day.Vote for Labour

Well I guess I'd better not vote for Micheal Howard then...

Next I come across one with Tony Blair's face on, with the most evil grin you could ever imagine. This came with a message along the lines off "You're going to trust this man for another 4 years. What WERE you thinking?Vote Conservative

Well, I guess I'd better not vote for Tony Blair then...

Then I come across a few Lib Dem posters:
"We oppose: reaching targets. We propose: reaching patients"
"We oppose: Top up fees. We propose: Education for all" (or something along those lines.)

Sounds good. No Howard or Blair there so I guess I'll...

Okies, so that was a simple minded scenario.
But it does show the attitude of the parties.
To be honest, I don't trust either Blair or Howard at the moment and their nitpicking bull**** throwing attitude doesn't help that at all.

Lib Dems on the other hand seem to be campaigning with/for honesty and constructively.

Now there's the possibility that I'm being taken in by a new form of "bull****", and even with the Lib Dems I wouldn't go as far to take EVERYTHING at face value. But atleast they're campaigning with a hint of twist, rather than basing a whole campaign around it.
Sun 01/05/05 at 15:22
Regular
And I come across a picture of Micheal Howard sleeping, with a dream bubble saying something about slashing schools and hospitals.
The message saying something about imagine waking up to this after election day.Vote for Labour

Well I guess I'd better not vote for Micheal Howard then...

Next I come across one with Tony Blair's face on, with the most evil grin you could ever imagine. This came with a message along the lines off "You're going to trust this man for another 4 years. What WERE you thinking?Vote Conservative

Well, I guess I'd better not vote for Tony Blair then...

Then I come across a few Lib Dem posters:
"We oppose: reaching targets. We propose: reaching patients"
"We oppose: Top up fees. We propose: Education for all" (or something along those lines.)

Sounds good. No Howard or Blair there so I guess I'll...

Okies, so that was a simple minded scenario.
But it does show the attitude of the parties.
To be honest, I don't trust either Blair or Howard at the moment and their nitpicking bull**** throwing attitude doesn't help that at all.

Lib Dems on the other hand seem to be campaigning with/for honesty and constructively.

Now there's the possibility that I'm being taken in by a new form of "bull****", and even with the Lib Dems I wouldn't go as far to take EVERYTHING at face value. But atleast they're campaigning with a hint of twist, rather than basing a whole campaign around it.
Sun 01/05/05 at 17:47
"Retarded List"
Blair is not to be trusted full stop, the Iraq war was a load of spin and lies. I just can't bring myself to trust Howard. I'd hate to think what he'd get up to with all the power that would be granted to him.

So yes, the Lib Dems seem the sensible choice. It's good that they've not resorted to a slanging match like Cons' and Labour and are instead concentrating on really important things.
Sun 01/05/05 at 17:57
Regular
Yeah, that's my kinda thinking too.. who knows if we can trust the Lib Dems? But at least they're not pulling each other's hair etc.

Labour's main policy at the moment is "vote us to stop the Tories getting in". Unfortunately, quite a lot of people will bow to that.
Sun 01/05/05 at 18:00
Regular
"the burning sky"
The Lib dems impressed me most on the Question Time program the other day. Alas I'm not old enough to vote, by a month. :(
Sun 01/05/05 at 18:05
Regular
I swear 9/10 people I talk to want Lib Dems. And they won't get in? I'm pondering over the logic of that one.

Maybe 9 people isn't enough to get a party in though..
Sun 01/05/05 at 20:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
Meh, saw a party election broadcast from the Lib Dems earlier today moaning about WMD and how the Tories went along with it.

They're no better.
Sun 01/05/05 at 21:16
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Proof that Billboards work. Especially the ones with speakers that pump subliminnel messages into your brain.

"Vote for Tony Blair. If anyone asks why, then just walk away'."
Sun 01/05/05 at 21:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If you disassociate yourself from the spin/lies/campaigns, all the boards have one message
[URL]http://www.videovista.net/articles/theylive.jpg[/URL]
Sun 01/05/05 at 22:05
Regular
And that extends beyond just the political ones! :-)

Ant wrote:
> Meh, saw a party election broadcast from the Lib Dems earlier today
> moaning about WMD and how the Tories went along with it.
>
> They're no better.

I don't know...
I seem to remember that guy who was Tory leader at the time (was it Ian Duncan Smith?) saying that he agreed with the war when the vote was passed (and then having a go at Tony afterwards). Supposedly the LibDems still said no, as a party, but I've probably got something wrong...

I think that the best thing about the Lib Dems is they're approaching it as the party who has a slight chance, but only a slight chance. You can tell that Labour and Conservative see it as a two horse race and merely want to crash each other down, and reckon that'll ensure them victory.
Sun 01/05/05 at 22:36
"period drama"
My thoughts exactly. 'Tis what I've always said.
Lib Dems are the only ones who campaign by saying what they'll do, not by saying what the other's won't do in some immature, hair-pulling, pesudo-macho pathetic one-upmanship. Rargh.

Too young though. Asshats.

Apparently (although it did come from the Lib Dems ... but still, a more reliable source than many) if all the people who were thinking of voting for them actually did so, they'd win quite muchly.

Which is another thing I hate, tactical voting. Vote for who you want, that's the whole point.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.