GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So I was looking at Advertisement Billboards in Town..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/05/05 at 15:22
Regular
And I come across a picture of Micheal Howard sleeping, with a dream bubble saying something about slashing schools and hospitals.
The message saying something about imagine waking up to this after election day.Vote for Labour

Well I guess I'd better not vote for Micheal Howard then...

Next I come across one with Tony Blair's face on, with the most evil grin you could ever imagine. This came with a message along the lines off "You're going to trust this man for another 4 years. What WERE you thinking?Vote Conservative

Well, I guess I'd better not vote for Tony Blair then...

Then I come across a few Lib Dem posters:
"We oppose: reaching targets. We propose: reaching patients"
"We oppose: Top up fees. We propose: Education for all" (or something along those lines.)

Sounds good. No Howard or Blair there so I guess I'll...

Okies, so that was a simple minded scenario.
But it does show the attitude of the parties.
To be honest, I don't trust either Blair or Howard at the moment and their nitpicking bull**** throwing attitude doesn't help that at all.

Lib Dems on the other hand seem to be campaigning with/for honesty and constructively.

Now there's the possibility that I'm being taken in by a new form of "bull****", and even with the Lib Dems I wouldn't go as far to take EVERYTHING at face value. But atleast they're campaigning with a hint of twist, rather than basing a whole campaign around it.
Wed 04/05/05 at 15:54
So true... while Labour and the Cons are spending more time insulting each other, Libs are actually talking about the major issues - stuff we actually care about.

I'm not quite sure if Libs can become a good leading party, despite avoiding the bickering this election - but with the main two at each others' throats, there isn't much of a choice.
Wed 04/05/05 at 12:31
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
You've done well to avoid it all.
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:24
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> Have you looked at the news in the last month?

Bullett wrote:
> I'm not usually in touch with this kind of thing.
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ant wrote:
> Meh, saw a party election broadcast from the Lib Dems earlier today
> moaning about WMD and how the Tories went along with it.
>
> They're no better.

Hardly, they don't launch personal attacks on the other leaders. The WMD issue IS also slightly important.
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:21
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Have you looked at the news in the last month?
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:06
Regular
Thank ye.
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:03
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Bullett wrote:
> When can we vote? I'm not usually in touch with this kind of thing.
----------

????
Thursday the 5th.
Tomorrow.
Wed 04/05/05 at 09:46
Regular
"I ush!"
Ant wrote:
> Meh, saw a party election broadcast from the Lib Dems earlier today
> moaning about WMD and how the Tories went along with it.
>
> They're no better.

Was that the one where they had the boy who cried wolf, and sent everyone into the forest looking for the wolf, and then said he was still confident they would still find a wolf, or at least evidence of wolf like activity, and then he refused to apologise for claiming there was a wolf when there was none, and he had a little friend called howard who also said there was a wolf?

I thought that was quality, as party election broadcasts go, and it only highlighted the fact that the liberals were the only mainstream party that was against the war.

Personally, at the risk of opening a big ass can of worms, I think that the war was a good thing, but was started for the wrong reasons.
Is that such a bad thing? I guess when it comes to politics it is.

Anyway, I'm fairly sure I'll be voting Liberal for a number of reasons, but the fact they did not back the war is not one of them.
Wed 04/05/05 at 07:10
Regular
When can we vote? I'm not usually in touch with this kind of thing.
Sun 01/05/05 at 23:05
Regular
Agreed with FFF.
I hear from so many people who are still in this 80's/early 90's vibe of "keep the tories out at all costs" and believe that the only way to do this is to have Labour win. They see it as a two horse race and forgive Labours shortcomings ("well, ALL politicians are dishonest" - A guy I talked to earlier defends Tony Blair) with this vision of the Tory monster stomping the land otherwise.

So many say that "The LibDems have some nice policies, but you're just wasting a vote as they don't stand a chance and you're just taking votes away from Labour, giving the Tories more chance to get in."

I don't think that they'll get in this time, too slim a chance, too many tactical voters. But I reckon they have a fair chance of coming a reasonable second or a close third, and then people will take them a lot more seriously in the next round.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.