GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Liverpool VS ...um...who is it again?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/04/05 at 16:37
Regular
"I like cheese"
Okay, I'm no Stryke and unfortunately I'm not as adept as he is at coming up with hugely complicated plans to aid my beloved football club against some of the best teams in the World. If it were up to me, I'd just bring on Harry Harry Harry Harry Kewell with 10 minutes left to play, and then he'd prove everybody wrong and score 5, including another of his Arsenal V Leeds stunners.

But we all know that's not going to happen...or could it?

Anyway, this is certainly the biggest game of the season so far for the bar-crawling Rafa Benitez's inconsistent Liverpool side, and probably the biggest of egoistic Jose Mourinho's apparently unstoppable Chelsea team. Yes, it's true, we're about as useful as a pork pie at a Jewish wedding away from home in the Prmiership (no offence intended btw), but the story's a little different in Europe. If we're honest, Chelsea have no real major weaknesses, and so I'm the first to admit that Chelsea are the favourites. But I also have no doubt that The Reds can pull it out of the bag if every single player out there performs to the best of his ability, and if Nunez starts.

My prediction for tonight: 1-1. And then we'll rape them at Anfield.

Thoughts?
Mon 02/05/05 at 17:28
Regular
Ant wrote:
> Pfft, he's right Lipe. I'd rather have Alonso and Gerrard to
> Makelele.
>
> No doubt a quality player, but to be honest Didi Hamann does his job
> almost as well.

Well Makelele couldn't really fit into Liverpool's midfield but if I was making a team then I'd pick Makelele to be my defensive midfielder. He's easily better than Gerrard or Alonso at winning the ball back and playing it forward.
Mon 02/05/05 at 12:44
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yeah I'm really looking forward to it, wish I could be there...hopefully I'll get back from this stupid Sociology lecture day up in London to watch it on the box.
Mon 02/05/05 at 12:12
Regular
Damn straight you're not me. Always remember that.

Cannae wait for tomorrow. Best game ever, it's going to be.

Except John Terry should be banned for that blatant stamp on Luis Garcia's ankle.
Fri 29/04/05 at 22:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
Pfft, he's right Lipe. I'd rather have Alonso and Gerrard to Makelele.

No doubt a quality player, but to be honest Didi Hamann does his job almost as well.
Fri 29/04/05 at 19:59
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Well Gerrard and Alonso are both very different midfielders to Makelele. Gerrard is a fantastic all round midfielder and Alonso is possibly the best passer of the ball in the Premiership. They have the ability to be one of the best midfield partnerships in Europe when they aren't continually being separated. Makelele has mabay 2 or 3 more years at the highest level whil Gerrard and Alonso have maybe a decade.
Thu 28/04/05 at 21:55
Regular
KOPKING wrote:
> Lipe wrote:
> swap Gerrard and Alonso for Lampard and Mekelele.
>
> That's Makelele. And he's still one of the best defensive
> midfielders
> in the world.
>
> Ok I apologize for my spelling error. Yes I know he is still one of
> the best defensive midfielders in the world but if I was offered a
> deal to swap him for Gerrard or Alonso....... thanks but no thanks.

Well like you said, you're a Liverpool fan and are definitely biast.
Thu 28/04/05 at 21:17
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Lipe wrote:
swap Gerrard and Alonso for Lampard and Mekelele.
>
> That's Makelele. And he's still one of the best defensive midfielders
> in the world.

Ok I apologize for my spelling error. Yes I know he is still one of the best defensive midfielders in the world but if I was offered a deal to swap him for Gerrard or Alonso....... thanks but no thanks.
Thu 28/04/05 at 21:12
Regular
KOPKING wrote:
> I believe they do. Infact the only player I would swap for is Robben.
> Then again I am a Liverpool fan so perhaps I am a tad biased. I
> wouuldn't swap Gerrard and Alonso for Lampard and Mekelele.

That's Makelele. And he's still one of the best defensive midfielders in the world.
Thu 28/04/05 at 21:09
Regular
"Green & White Army"
And a great player he is but I wouldn't swap him for Riise,my current favourite playe or Garcia who has 12 goals this season and a load of assists in his first season. He is also capable of random moments of magic. So im very content with these two. I would however consider swapping him with Nunez :p
Thu 28/04/05 at 21:04
Regular
"0228"
Chelsea have Joe Cole too. Liverpool can't compete, the only thing they have going for them is that their defence has been outstanding in recent Champion's League games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.