GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitchhiker's Guide"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/04/05 at 21:22
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
Doesn't it look good? The book is great, so I'm definately up for the film, as even the author wanted it done. I'm off to see it on Sunday.
Mon 02/05/05 at 09:54
Regular
pauliewalnuts wrote:
> Seems thet shoe-horned a love story into it, to 'help with the
> narrative', but I understand Adams was trying to get this film made
> for 20 years, so he had a lot of creative input in it before he
> died.

Did you even read the book? Arthur Dent had the love interest with Trillion on paper as well as the TV series and the movie. (I've not heard the radio version...)

As for people saying how the story has been raped, etc. It has stayed fairly close to the original, not exactly the same as the book, but close enough. Seen as Douglas Adams actually wrote the screenplay, that doesn't suprise me too much.

I admit it could have been a lot better. Trouble is, the book relied heavily on describing stuff. That's what the guide did. By only having a few descriptive moments, the movie suffered. That makes the TV series better.
Sun 01/05/05 at 22:39
"period drama"
I've seen mostly 3-star reviews.
Saying that if you're a die-hard fan, you'll probably hate it, but if you loosen up a bit and basically forget everything else, it's quite enjoyable.
Sun 01/05/05 at 22:32
Regular
Tis a very good movie, very british with a hint of Python about it.

Got a great review in the papers and from Empire magazine, as well as IGN.

Some classic liners and stella performances. Great show.
Sun 01/05/05 at 17:57
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It's quite good actually, rather quaint with a very British feel to the humour. It's also apparently very faithful to Adam's vision, with some additional scenes (no doubt the ones people will cry about) actually written by him. And the special effects are excellent too. Quite enjoyed it, shall buy the DVD when it comes out.
Sun 01/05/05 at 17:44
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Seeing it tomorrow. Never read the book, no idea what its about, but my crowd of crazy mates is going to see it, so why not?
Fri 29/04/05 at 21:10
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
I'm seeing on Sunday. I've loved the books...I've loved the dramatisation, perhaps...just perhaps? The visuals look pretty stunning, but I guess the story will be the main thing.
Thu 28/04/05 at 18:48
Regular
"Captain to you."
Hitchhikers Guide was kinda poo i thought, I know that you can't always have every element of a story in a film when it is remade from something but there was so much not there that it was suckie.

All the people i went with haven't heard or read the story before so they enjoyed the film but if you have recently heard the radio drama or read the book i think you will be disappointed.
Wed 27/04/05 at 17:27
Regular
Yis, and it's great.

If you can, try and get hold of the comics first to read.
Wed 27/04/05 at 17:21
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Pandaemonium wrote:

> Two words. Sin City

Is that the new one coming out with Clive Owen, Brittany Murphy, Bruce Willis and a few others in it?
Wed 27/04/05 at 13:34
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cong_Man wrote:
> Pretty standard for movie 're-makes' then?

Two words. Sin City

Actually, yeah, pretty standard with the rare exception.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.