GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone downloaded the new halo2 maps yet?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/04/05 at 16:30
Just downloading the free ones now.

Might pay £2.99 for the other two maps, however they are free on the 28th June.
Tue 26/04/05 at 13:00
"I love yo... lamp."
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> I chuck them at peoples feet and see no kill though, what's up with
> that?

Maybe you just can't aim well enough? It works fine for me.

> Magnums are useless. I dual wielded a Plasma rifle and Magnum and got
> taken out by some dude with a single SMG, this happened countless
> times.

Dual wielding has decreased accuracy remember? That coupled with the SMG having a faster rate of fire, and I'd expect the guy with the SMG to beat you.

> I think I'll go back to playing Timesplitters much more FUN.

Each to their own, but I think your version of fun is bland in comparison.
Tue 26/04/05 at 12:35
Regular
The first game was average to dull in my opinion so my expectations were never particuarly high.

It was fun for the first week and then the retards gradually took over and the game became a chore to play so I stopped.
Tue 26/04/05 at 12:08
It is a great game, it's just that expectations from players after Halo was way over the top. And it hasn't aged as well as the first game either.
Tue 26/04/05 at 12:06
Regular
Mathews wrote:

> thats called being good with granades you chuck them at peoples feet
> and you should get a kill

I chuck them at peoples feet and see no kill though, what's up with that?

Magnums are useless. I dual wielded a Plasma rifle and Magnum and got taken out by some dude with a single SMG, this happened countless times.

I think I'll go back to playing Timesplitters much more FUN.
Tue 26/04/05 at 12:04
Regular
G®åpô²ºº² wrote:

> Why download them then. Hate when people bother to sl@g off a game
> that they play and dont like. Just dont play it.

I'm not aloud to talk about it if I have a negative opinion of the game?

Shut up you tart!

> Its a great game, any Xbox fan knows that.

No really, they don't.
Tue 26/04/05 at 12:03
I would have loved the changes - frequently I chuck a grenade when I know I'm about to die, and sometimes it takes out the attacker. Shame.
Tue 26/04/05 at 11:37
Regular
"Ow Yer"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
someone killed me with a single grenade when I had full shield.

thats called being good with granades you chuck them at peoples feet and you should get a kill
Tue 26/04/05 at 01:22
"I love yo... lamp."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I downloaded them, had a quick look around, played 1 game of
> mathcmaking and realised how insanely boring Halo 2 was. The new
> patch seems to have made it even worse as well, the magnum's useless
> and someone killed me with a single grenade when I had full shield.
>
> It's nice of Bungie to update matchmaking to include the new maps as
> well....

Strangely, everyone I've spoken to finds the patch to be a good thing. Grenades work like they did in Halo, and vaguely more realistic. You do realise that a grenade is a small bomb don't you? Were you surprised it killed you? As for the Magnum, it's just about where it should be. I once played a pistols match, someone got dual Magnums and never died the whole round.

The patch has made for different styles of play being viable. Once again melee attacks have a chance and certain weapons, such as the brute shot and grenades became worthwhile again.

I downloaded the maps. Turf is excellent. A big but claustrophobic level with a lot of hidey holes and ledges and vehicles, excellent for all kinds of games. Warlock was pretty mediocre being nothing more than an update of a Halo level. But hey, another small level was kind of needed. Sanctuary, well I'll need to play more on that one, but the level seems fairly well balanced. Now Containment... well it's a great level. A huge level, with banshee's and warthogs and gates and all sorts. It's the future of big team battle.

As for the playlist changes, they aren't taking place immediately since a lot of folk still won't have the maps. Within a week or so most folk will. Team Preview will let you check out the new premium maps and Double Team sounds good fun. All round I'm pretty damn happy with the maps and playlist changes. Bungie have done a very good job with the updates, my only criticism being that it should have been sooner. However, the best multiplayer game just got better.
Tue 26/04/05 at 00:09
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I downloaded them, had a quick look around, played 1 game of
> mathcmaking and realised how insanely boring Halo 2 was. The new
> patch seems to have made it even worse as well, the magnum's useless
> and someone killed me with a single grenade when I had full shield.
>
> It's nice of Bungie to update matchmaking to include the new maps as
> well....

Why download them then. Hate when people bother to sl@g off a game that they play and dont like. Just dont play it.

Its a great game, any Xbox fan knows that.
Mon 25/04/05 at 22:33
Regular
"Touched!"
Ah right..not too far off then. Would prefer to play them in matchmaking.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.