GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fightstar"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/04/05 at 11:50
Regular
Hmmm, when I heard the frontman from Busted had made a 'proper' rock band called Fightstar, I sighed.

Yet I heard them on TV yesterday, and as long as I didn't look at the screen and see his monkey spade-magnet, it didn't sound too bad.

Not enough to sell me their album though.

That is all, I guess.

EDIT - shameful typo
Wed 27/04/05 at 16:48
Regular
"Catch it!"
I think they are quite good to!
Tue 26/04/05 at 16:11
Regular
They're just generic emo-nu-metal band #4563235, they all sound the same and talk about being depressed.

They're pretty crap on the guitar as well
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:27
Regular
"who wrote that?"
Cong_Man wrote:
What is he doing now that he 'believes' in so much that he wasn't doing before?

When he was still in Busted he was always wearing T-shirts for bands such as Aereogramme and Mono (both great bands). Now he is clearly doing music that is closer to his own personal taste.
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:24
Regular
"who wrote that?"
My point was if he was never in Busted no one would care what Fightstar sound like. He isn't doing anything amazingly different agreed but thats kinda my point. Why does it matter that he is trying something else.
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:17
Regular
"..."
klasovdan_1 wrote:
> Er yeah but you could say that about any group, if you believe music
> really makes that little difference. Personally I could not live
> without music and I know it makes my life a better place.

I'm sure Busted fans felt the same about listening to Busted records. At the end of the day, just because he's chosen to sign a little bit whinier over heavy guitar backing doesn't change much at all.

So I re-iterate my question, What is he doing now that he 'believes' in so much that he wasn't doing before?
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:12
Regular
"who wrote that?"
Cong_Man wrote:
> klasovdan_1 wrote:
> he chose to do something he actually believes in
>
> Which is what exactly?
>
> He still doing the same job as far as I can see. He's still not
> changing the world or even doing something worthwhile.

Er yeah but you could say that about any group, if you believe music really makes that little difference. Personally I could not live without music and I know it makes my life a better place.
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:08
Regular
"..."
klasovdan_1 wrote:
> he chose to do something he actually believes in

Which is what exactly?

He still doing the same job as far as I can see. He's still not changing the world or even doing something worthwhile.
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:05
Regular
"who wrote that?"
I respect Charlie more now as he could of stayed in Busted and continue to make loads of dosh but he chose to do something he actually believes in(he still looks like a muppet though). If he was never in that awful boy band to start with, you guys wouldn't care about Fightstar at all. Which I know is a double edged sword for them, as it allows them to get more attention (good and bad). I just think its a shame everyone is instantly hating them cause Charlie Busted is in it.
Tue 26/04/05 at 13:47
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I cried. With anger
Tue 26/04/05 at 13:44
Regular
"Excellent"
They are rubbish. Charlie is just trying (and failing i might add) to gain credibility from a different end of the music richter scale

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.