GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grandprix I'm disappointed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/04/05 at 20:47
Regular
One word (probably misspelt) Imola

This race was really something special.

Shoemaker (As he likes to be called) seriously pooped up his practice run and was placed way behind pole position

Some German guy with a name beginning with 'F' got a very good lead from the others but unfortunately had to drop out just a few laps into the race, and so the torch was passed on to Alonso. Alonso was tailed doggedly by the home seed Button for a long time.

Then the most remarkable part of the race happened. Schumacher jumped from 12th all the way up to 4th by tactically not having a Pit Stop. he managed to overtake Wurz up the track and got to 3rd.

Laps later there was a little stand off between 11th and 12th place. Button slowed down and Schumacher whizzed through the gap. Schumacher quickly put a gap between himself and Button ( :'( ) and was 'hot on the heels' of Alonso.

For the last few laps it was edge of the seat stuff, it could've gone either way. Thanks to some great driving by Alonso, he won. I was pleased that someone'd broken Schumacher's F1 domination but you have to hand it to him 12th to 2nd is some accomplishment.

The Grandprix is ten times more interesting where drivers can't change tyres unless there changing to those of the same or greater wear. Four or five cars dropped out in the end

Anyone look-see it? Highlights on in the early hours
Sun 24/04/05 at 21:05
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Lard Funkelstein wrote:

> Some German guy with a name beginning with 'F' got a very good lead
> from the others but unfortunately had to drop out just a few laps
> into the race, and so the torch was passed on to Alonso.

I think you'll find that was Kimi Raikkonen in the McLaren. He's from Finland, which may be where the 'F' comes in. :)

> Then the most remarkable part of the race happened. Schumacher jumped
> from 12th all the way up to 4th by tactically not having a Pit Stop.
> he managed to overtake Wurz up the track and got to 3rd.

It is a scary thought that Schumacher was still lapping almost 2 seconds quicker than anyone else on a heavy fuel tank. That Ferrari is a real stunner now after all that testing.

> Laps later there was a little stand off between 11th and 12th place.
> Button slowed down and Schumacher whizzed through the gap.

Button was a bit unfortunate there. The Williams totally blocked him, making Button slow down and Schumacher pounced on it.

> For the last few laps it was edge of the seat stuff, it could've gone
> either way. Thanks to some great driving by Alonso, he won. I was
> pleased that someone'd broken Schumacher's F1 domination but you have
> to hand it to him 12th to 2nd is some accomplishment.

It was some great driving by Alonso but with the current rules changes, overtaking is difficult because you just can't get within 7 tenths of a second without the car getting very twitchy. I wouldn't say that Schumacher's dominance is necessarily over. The teams have a bit of catching up to do after Ferrari showed it's pace.
Sun 24/04/05 at 20:59
Regular
I disagree. The new tyres rule, while stopping Ferrari's dominance has made the sport dull. Apart from this race there hasn't been too much action in the previous races with the person who goes 1st after the start staying there or just making an error.

If Schumacher could of changed tyres he might of tried to go past Alonso a lot more since his tyres could take it a lot better. Every year FIA just change the rules to try and stop Ferrari, looks like it finally worked this year but the sport is extremely dull now.
Sun 24/04/05 at 20:47
Regular
One word (probably misspelt) Imola

This race was really something special.

Shoemaker (As he likes to be called) seriously pooped up his practice run and was placed way behind pole position

Some German guy with a name beginning with 'F' got a very good lead from the others but unfortunately had to drop out just a few laps into the race, and so the torch was passed on to Alonso. Alonso was tailed doggedly by the home seed Button for a long time.

Then the most remarkable part of the race happened. Schumacher jumped from 12th all the way up to 4th by tactically not having a Pit Stop. he managed to overtake Wurz up the track and got to 3rd.

Laps later there was a little stand off between 11th and 12th place. Button slowed down and Schumacher whizzed through the gap. Schumacher quickly put a gap between himself and Button ( :'( ) and was 'hot on the heels' of Alonso.

For the last few laps it was edge of the seat stuff, it could've gone either way. Thanks to some great driving by Alonso, he won. I was pleased that someone'd broken Schumacher's F1 domination but you have to hand it to him 12th to 2nd is some accomplishment.

The Grandprix is ten times more interesting where drivers can't change tyres unless there changing to those of the same or greater wear. Four or five cars dropped out in the end

Anyone look-see it? Highlights on in the early hours

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.