GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grandprix I'm disappointed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/04/05 at 20:47
Regular
One word (probably misspelt) Imola

This race was really something special.

Shoemaker (As he likes to be called) seriously pooped up his practice run and was placed way behind pole position

Some German guy with a name beginning with 'F' got a very good lead from the others but unfortunately had to drop out just a few laps into the race, and so the torch was passed on to Alonso. Alonso was tailed doggedly by the home seed Button for a long time.

Then the most remarkable part of the race happened. Schumacher jumped from 12th all the way up to 4th by tactically not having a Pit Stop. he managed to overtake Wurz up the track and got to 3rd.

Laps later there was a little stand off between 11th and 12th place. Button slowed down and Schumacher whizzed through the gap. Schumacher quickly put a gap between himself and Button ( :'( ) and was 'hot on the heels' of Alonso.

For the last few laps it was edge of the seat stuff, it could've gone either way. Thanks to some great driving by Alonso, he won. I was pleased that someone'd broken Schumacher's F1 domination but you have to hand it to him 12th to 2nd is some accomplishment.

The Grandprix is ten times more interesting where drivers can't change tyres unless there changing to those of the same or greater wear. Four or five cars dropped out in the end

Anyone look-see it? Highlights on in the early hours
Mon 25/04/05 at 17:46
Regular
Button, I heard he had been cleared? has this resurfaced? its reported in the morning papers that he has been cleared?
Mon 25/04/05 at 17:45
Regular
Indeed they were, had this been on almost any other track he would have most probably overtook the leader, at one point he was lapping almost 2.5seconds a lap faster than the renault but was that because Renault did not need to push any harder?? food for thought.

Darth Vampyr wrote:
> quality last 10 laps, if only the ferrari had more torque, and
> thwerefore acc, shcumis tactics would have been perfect
Mon 25/04/05 at 17:43
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Now I haven't been watching F1 for a few years...

But was it just me or was that race damn good.
:D

Button might lose his points for an "underweight" car. Seems stupid to me.
:(
Mon 25/04/05 at 16:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Shelljed wrote:
> ITV coverage yesterday was PANTS!

This debate has been raging ever since ITV took the rights from the BBC. I was very disappointed when ITV took the rights because I knew that they would stick a bunch of adverts in and we would miss key incidents. One that springs to mind was when I was watching the Japanese Grand Prix live at 4-5am and they cut to a break, only for Schumacher to retire during that break, handing the title to Hakkinen I think it was.

They say anything can happen in F1. I suppose a fairly good illustration of this point would be if they were having a midfield battle about 20 minutes into a football match and they decided to take a break only to miss a goal or a red card, something that turned the game. It would be unthinkable but that is what F1 fans have to put up with. We don't even get live qualifying when it's during peak hours on a Saturday when they have the opportunity to show it on ITV2/3, even Interactive.

Unfortunately, I doubt we'll see any improvement in the coverage any time soon. The BBC's race coverage was very good in my opinion. The BBC's qualifying coverage wasn't so great, sometimes joining the action 20/30 minutes into the hour session. The fact is, fans have become disillusioned with the ITV sticking ads in our coverage that we appreciate what we had with the BBC.
Mon 25/04/05 at 15:55
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
quality last 10 laps, if only the ferrari had more torque, and thwerefore acc, shcumis tactics would have been perfect
Mon 25/04/05 at 15:52
Regular
Can I add to this thread please, It was a cracking race! I do support the Ferrari team, and think they are fantastic! working for Shell as I do it adds to the excitment! and when Ferrari do well so do we! That said, imagine how much more exciting this race could have been if Kimi had not retired!? or if Montoya was included in the melting pot?? or Barichello was still in the race. Its shaping up to be a great European circuit and we should see some really good head to head racing. Schumaker is far from finished, although the ITV team maybe would like him to be? they tend to attack him when he has a bad run, its a long season and he is a tremendous driver and has the car to help. As for the new rules, do they make for better racing? I think not? things can go wrong in the pits, a fluffed pit stop can cost a lot of time! races have been won and lost in the pits, I think they should go in more often to add spice to the race?

ITV coverage yesterday was PANTS! imagine taking a break 4 laps to go and returning on the very last lap! bring back BBC coverage or even Eurosport on SKY.
Mon 25/04/05 at 14:33
Yeah, and it was quite a long one. If Schumacher had taken over when it returned, there would have been some mass petition for the BBC to buy it back. Best race of the season though.
Mon 25/04/05 at 14:29
Regular
Great race, shame ITV had to cut to ads 4 LAPS from the end. Jeez.
Mon 25/04/05 at 14:26
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I know. I'm just saying that a Schumacher string of victories may not be that far away again...
Sun 24/04/05 at 21:20
Regular
I don't mean that Schumacher's dominance is over, just broken up for a bit, so he doesn't always win everything

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.