GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why oh why?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/05/01 at 19:11
Regular
...do we love games so much?
I know this has most probably been done before, but I don’t remember it, so I am posting it again :-)

The reason I love games so much is because I am entering a new world. Take any RPG for example. You are taken away from boring old Earth and into a different planet altogether, where you can meet all sorts of human beings and animals. Also, you get a chance to do things that you wouldn’t be able to do in real life. Like… fight monsters, fly, kill people and so on. If I am having troubles at home, when I play games I seem to forget them, and I have a magical feeling when I am on a fantasy-like island.

There are other reasons why I play games, but that is my best reason.

There are the obvious reasons why people play games… fun, stress reliever, to be happy, to get scared and just to pass by time.

So, I ask you, what is your best reason as to which you just love games?

(-)_(-)
Sun 27/05/01 at 19:11
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
...do we love games so much?
I know this has most probably been done before, but I don’t remember it, so I am posting it again :-)

The reason I love games so much is because I am entering a new world. Take any RPG for example. You are taken away from boring old Earth and into a different planet altogether, where you can meet all sorts of human beings and animals. Also, you get a chance to do things that you wouldn’t be able to do in real life. Like… fight monsters, fly, kill people and so on. If I am having troubles at home, when I play games I seem to forget them, and I have a magical feeling when I am on a fantasy-like island.

There are other reasons why I play games, but that is my best reason.

There are the obvious reasons why people play games… fun, stress reliever, to be happy, to get scared and just to pass by time.

So, I ask you, what is your best reason as to which you just love games?

(-)_(-)
Sun 27/05/01 at 19:12
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Because they allow you to do things that you can't do in real life.
Sun 27/05/01 at 19:15
Regular
"You've upset me"
I do have a long answer lined up for this but I can't be bothered to type it. So, here is the shorter version

'Cause it's fun

:-)
Sun 27/05/01 at 19:20
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Only when you're winning
Sun 27/05/01 at 19:29
Regular
"Back in black"
When your are winning or doing really well on a game you are happy and enjoying it. When you are losing and doing cr@p you get angry and annoyed and take it out on something then ya parents go mental, and give you the 'it is only a game' lecture!
Sun 27/05/01 at 20:14
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Ice Blaster wrote:
> When your are winning or doing really well on a game you are happy
> and enjoying it. When you are losing and doing cr@p you get angry
> and annoyed and take it out on something then ya parents go mental,
> and give you the 'it is only a game' lecture!

In a way, it is only a game, but on second thoughts, it is more than just a game to me.

I see a game as a mission. The game developer has set you a mission to complete a game, and so when you do, you feel as though you have really achieved something.

I think that is another reason for loving games. When you finally finish a game that you have had troubles with, or a boss you have thought was impossible to defeat for a few years, when you do complete it, there is a feeling of great pleasure and leaves you with a smile on your face that remains there until you find out that there is still another level to go.

:D
Sun 27/05/01 at 20:22
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Fun, that's all it is, I don't see myself entering a new world, I don't see myself being absorbed into the game...It is just the best source of fun in the world...you don't NEED friends like you do with football, you don't have to JUST play on your own like you do with browsing the internet...

It is so flexable, you can spend 10 minutes or 10 hours on a game...you can play the bits you want avoid the bits you don't, buy the games you want, don't buy the game you don't want...

...the whole world of gaming is at your fingertips!

It's just a 3 letter world...FUN!

Game
Sun 27/05/01 at 20:22
Regular
"everyone says it"
turbonutter wrote:
> Because they allow you to do things that you can't do in real life.

YEAH RIGHT, anyone can fly, shoot, pee on rocks, swear, explode, its just we get in trouble or die for it...

Live a little, jump of the roof tonight! For the first few mini-seconds you will feel like Mario with his yellow cap, after the next few seconds you will feel nothing!!!

((remember, all ideas and comments that have been brought up here are NOT to be tried at home, maybe your grannies house, but NOT at home))
Sun 27/05/01 at 20:25
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
er-no wrote:
> turbonutter wrote:
> Because they allow you to do things that
> you can't do in real life.

>YEAH RIGHT, anyone can fly

Unles you mean by plane or the like, a human flying is impossible.
Sun 27/05/01 at 20:27
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I hate cheatguru.

I'm sorry, where were we...?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.