GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's so good about Halo?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Wed 10/11/04 at 10:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Isn't it just shooting ailens?
Wed 10/11/04 at 12:49
Regular
Well, hopefully when I'm in my place (which I'm halfway through buying now) I'll be able to spend more time playing...
Wed 10/11/04 at 12:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Same as Goaty (except for the old bit). 23 and starting to play games more again. Can't wait until I've finished Uni and got my own place to start populating with consoles and other useless things that I enjoy.
Wed 10/11/04 at 12:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Your Honour wrote:
> I think it's because I'm 23 now, and have more to worry about, and
> less time to play games. I play maybe 3 hours a week now, that's it.
--------

????
I'm 31 and play more games now than I did when I was 23.
Being old rules because you have zero problems or responsibilities.
Wed 10/11/04 at 12:28
Regular
"BOSE"
Your Honour wrote:
> Daveus wrote:
> Stick to Burnout 3 if you don't like PGR2
>
> Ha! Burnout 3?! That is a game that is overhyped. Me and a
> mate rented it for an evening, and it was great to start off with,
> but after a couple of hours and 6 newspaper headlines, we got bored
> and moved onto Mashed and Kung Fu Chaos.

I don't really buy racing games myself but I bought Burnout 3, and I think it's the coolest arcade racer ever. Halo 2 is different hype, and you know that. Halo was the best game on xbox. Do you have Halo? Now they've seriously topped Halo :-)
Wed 10/11/04 at 12:19
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Your Honour wrote:
> Daveus wrote:
> Stick to Burnout 3 if you don't like PGR2
>
> Ha! Burnout 3?! That is a game that is overhyped. Me and a
> mate rented it for an evening, and it was great to start off with,
> but after a couple of hours and 6 newspaper headlines, we got bored
> and moved onto Mashed and Kung Fu Chaos.

Burnout 3 is great, but having to unlock everything is an unwanted hassle. Mashed is great fun though, perfect for multiplayer!
Wed 10/11/04 at 12:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Compare Halo to any other console shooter, then take in the fact that it's now Live compatible. Then you'll see why. On Legendary that game was damn hard, and you got to do it with a buddy. The multiplayer was also exceptionally weighted - me and Snugs used to have first to 15 sniping matches that lasted up to an hour, regularly reaching 14-all. Vehicles that are actually fun to drive, scoot and fly (except in multiplayer, but not any more yay!), and had excellent physics. The game just felt right, with it's slow pace and clever enemies.

There are also some brilliant build-ups to engagements. One minute you'd be walking down a boring corridor, then the black bars would slide in from the top and bottom, a witty-ish title would appear, and you knew that beyond the door/round the corner was a herd of vicious alien beasties waiting to pulp you to death. There's just nothing with the sense of style and achievement anywhere on any console, and that's why I love it. The people at Bungie did an excellent job, and it shows...although they should have handled the PC port - that was poor.
Wed 10/11/04 at 12:16
Regular
Daveus wrote:
Stick to Burnout 3 if you don't like PGR2

Ha! Burnout 3?! That is a game that is overhyped. Me and a mate rented it for an evening, and it was great to start off with, but after a couple of hours and 6 newspaper headlines, we got bored and moved onto Mashed and Kung Fu Chaos.
Wed 10/11/04 at 12:14
Regular
Right...
Regular
I was gutted by PGR 2 as well. Especially as I don't have Live. I played the original for hours, yet I've done hardly anyhting on the sequel.

I think it's because I'm 23 now, and have more to worry about, and less time to play games. I play maybe 3 hours a week now, that's it.
Regular
"BOSE"
Halo 2 ain't no racing game, and we will see it's glory very soon. Stick to Burnout 3 if you don't like PGR2

"There are things about Halo...even the higher orcs do not understand"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.