GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Celebrity Wrestling"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/04/05 at 19:35
Regular
": ("
Anybody watching it? I thinks it's really good.
Tue 26/04/05 at 21:08
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Ant wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> Feel free to act all petulent and stroppy.
>
> Heh, you had to get your little cheap shot in there, didn't you?

Why yes, because when someone gets on their high horse and tells me "You may be interested to know why and how pro wrestling grew into it's current state of 'choreography'. The again I'd likely be wasting my breath." and describes it as "an athletic display by two men telling a story through the medium of physical contact,"

I feel like they're acting petulant and stroppy. Simply because someone dares give an opinion on their beloved "sport".

*Shrug*

you like WWE / whatever, no skin off my nose. Good on ya. You're not getting upset about it and making it out to be something it's not. Cong here however, is.
Tue 26/04/05 at 21:10
Regular
"0228"
When it comes to pro-wrestling, like the WWE, I think that the little athletic guys who do all of the flips and spins and all of that kind of stuff are very impressive and deserve credit for what they do. It may well be all scripted but it still takes a lot of talent and training to be able to do it.

However, the big fat blokes who just make their name by being able to pick other guys up with one hand, well, they don't earn as much respect because that doesn't really take as much training or skill.

In conclusion, little acrobatic blokes = good, big fat men = bad.
Tue 26/04/05 at 23:31
Regular
"..."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> Feel free to act all petulent and stroppy.
>
> Heh, you had to get your little cheap shot in there, didn't you?
>
> Why yes, because when someone gets on their high horse and tells me
> "You may be interested to know why and how pro wrestling grew
> into it's current state of 'choreography'. The again I'd likely be
> wasting my breath." and describes it as "an athletic
> display by two men telling a story through the medium of physical
> contact,"
>
> I feel like they're acting petulant and stroppy. Simply because
> someone dares give an opinion on their beloved "sport".
>
> *Shrug*
>
> you like WWE / whatever, no skin off my nose. Good on ya. You're not
> getting upset about it and making it out to be something it's not.
> Cong here however, is.

Meh, whatever, if you knew me, then you'd probably discover that I'm probably the least petulant or stroppy person on the planet. Guess you'll have to take my word on that though. My opinion of your opinion is that it's ill-informed and without having any proper understanding of what you're talking about.

I liken it to a public schoolboy raised on 'rugger' and 'cricket' saying that football is a 'game for poofs, because there's no physical contact'. I don't stick my nose into things which seem ridiculous to me by giving my opinion on something I don't know enough about. I wouldm ask you to show the same respect.

I'm far from upset, would be nice for someone criticising the 'sport' to actually have an understanding of it for once though...but then I guess that's asking too much.

And yeah, I'm obviously gay because I love oiled up fat-men in spandex. Ok now?
Tue 26/04/05 at 23:33
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:

> In fact one of the 'story lines' I saw was when some wrestler pushed
> another big one over, and he fell on his pregnant wife and killed her
> baby

That's a joke....right?

Wrestling really has gone to new levels of hilarity if that's true.
Tue 26/04/05 at 23:37
Regular
Cong_Man wrote:

> I'm far from upset, would be nice for someone criticising the 'sport'
> to actually have an understanding of it for once though...

What's there to understand about a bunch of oiled up men in spandex having a play fight?

"But it takes great athletecism and talent"

That's great, still doesn't mean I want to watch a muscle man running around in his pants all day.
Tue 26/04/05 at 23:40
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
I too have respect for wrestlers, they obviously work very hard etc, and have a busy lifestyle.

My brother watches it and likes it, getting involved etc. I find if I seriously try and watch it, it's too over the top and handbags for its own good when it comes to the acting parts and makes you cringe. But if you watch it as a laugh it's rather amusing...in moderation anyway.

Celebrity Wrestling is awful, as I'm sure everyone will agree. It almost seems to mock the WWE, but I think it's trying to sort of replicate it and has messed up badly.
Wed 27/04/05 at 06:41
Regular
"..."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Grix Thraves wrote:
>
> another big one over, and he fell on his pregnant wife and killed
> her
> baby
>
> That's a joke....right?
>
> Wrestling really has gone to new levels of hilarity if that's true.

Unfortunately it is true and shows the sad state of rubbish TV that the WWE has grown to feed us.

I hate the WWE, but a lotof you are making the mistake of judging wrestling solely by what you see in the WWE. That's like saying "Football is Rubbish because Chelsi suck".

There are other companies out there offering a much better product than the WWE. It's not the be-all and end-all by a long way.
Wed 27/04/05 at 07:20
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cong_Man wrote:
> I hate the WWE, but a lotof you are making the mistake of judging
> wrestling solely by what you see in the WWE. That's like saying
> "Football is Rubbish because Chelsi suck".
>
> There are other companies out there offering a much better product
> than the WWE. It's not the be-all and end-all by a long way.

And my original post was, and I quote: -

"So all those moves aren't actually pulled at all in WWF? None of it's coriographed?"

Before you got upset.

Cong_Man wrote:
> I liken it to a public schoolboy raised on 'rugger' and 'cricket'
> saying that football is a 'game for poofs, because there's no
> physical contact'. I don't stick my nose into things which seem
> ridiculous to me by giving my opinion on something I don't know
> enough about. I wouldm ask you to show the same respect.

And that is utter rubbish. I'm not attacking your sexuality at all mate, I'm saying WWf / whatever is all about putting on a show for the crowd with ongoing storylines, with mostly scripted, coreographed "fights".

A Soap Opera in Spandex.

Even this lad who does it on Sundays admits this simple fact......
Wed 27/04/05 at 10:30
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I didn't watch Celebrity Wrestling because it looked crap, but there's one thing that would make me watch it...if they got the Ultimate Warrior to present it. He ruled.
Wed 27/04/05 at 10:57
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> another big one over, and he fell on his pregnant wife and killed her
> baby. Not only was the acting so terribly funny, but just the thought
> of that, as if they were really trying to do it seriously (which I
> just cannot believe).. it's brilliant.

yeah, that was a shocker alright. anything involving lita is guaranteed to be acted hideously. they've done some absolutely awful stories for sure, but to be fair, there's only so many reasons 2 guys can want to beat each other up. However, crappy stories doesn't make the actual wrestling any less impressive, one look at any Ring of Honour match proves that, but i can see how the theatrics can be off putting for people and make it more difficult to see why people can enjoy it so much.
>
> And yeah, they're very physically fit and some of the moves you see
> are quite incredible,

burchill. the C4. end of story.

the moves obviously take 2 people to make look good, and the blows are pulled to a degree, but again, it depends on the workers. i've worked with some guys that barely graze the air a foot infront of your head and expect you to sell, and some guys that have decided that to make it look real, they're just going to punch you in the face (i prefer this method, it's easier to sell)
people who throw up the "it's all SOOOOOOOOO fake and they're all pansies" should give it a try, but then again, where's the fun in doing something interesting with life when yo can sit round moaning and complaining about stuff you know nothing about eh?

> but it's still a prescripted pantomine of oily
> men playing to the crowd, no matter how strong they are.

not all pre-scripted at all, it depends how they want to work. i worked a totally scripted maych and knocked a guy out through bad memory on both our parts, sometimes it's easier to remember key points (who's putting who over, etc) and just wing the rest of the match. As for playing to the crowd... it'd be fairly dull and bad for sales if they didn't wouldn't it?
it's all business. fans can make or break a match and if they feel they're not onvolved, they'll show it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.