GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Celebrity Wrestling"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/04/05 at 19:35
Regular
": ("
Anybody watching it? I thinks it's really good.
Tue 26/04/05 at 15:12
Regular
"..."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> He just thinks it's a laugh.

Well, people play football on the park for a laugh.

I doubt professional footballers see it as a laugh though, I imagine they take it quite seriously.
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:34
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cong_Man wrote:
> Stuff.

I really can't think of a good reply to that. I'm stunned to be honest.

I'll have to tell a friend of a friend that does it (Hot 'Ed, Heaton Community Center, Sundays) that he's partaking in "an athletic display by two men telling a story through the medium of physical contact"

He just thinks it's a laugh.
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:28
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Cong_Man wrote:

> I disagree completely, I think I'm watching an athletic display by
> two men telling a story through the medium of physical contact, which
> when done correctly helps the audience (most of whom know it's
> scripted and don't care) suspend their disbelief.
>
> It's certainly more interesting that boxing's Punch, Punch, Punch,
> Punch approach where I feel no feeling for either of the combatants
> because there is nothing to choose between them.
>
> You may be interested to know why and how pro wrestling grew into
> it's current state of 'choreography'. The again I'd likely be wasting
> my breath.

What the fu...

Dude, it's theatre for rednecks. You prefer it to honest-to-God fighting, that's your call. Just don't expect everyone else to share your obvious love of it, and for christs sake, don't try to be all prissy and condescending about your superior knowledge of it. My 3 year old neice knows more about Barbie than I do. Doesn't mean anyone looks up to her.

"telling a story through the medium of physical contact"? Orwell would be proud of that one. If a dog bites you on the ass, is it registering it's irritation through the medium of calcified mouth adornments?
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:21
Regular
"..."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Enjoy if you must, but don't think you're watching anything more than
> a soap opera in spandex....

I disagree completely, I think I'm watching an athletic display by two men telling a story through the medium of physical contact, which when done correctly helps the audience (most of whom know it's scripted and don't care) suspend their disbelief.

It's certainly more interesting that boxing's Punch, Punch, Punch, Punch approach where I feel no feeling for either of the combatants because there is nothing to choose between them.

You may be interested to know why and how pro wrestling grew into it's current state of 'choreography'. The again I'd likely be wasting my breath.
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I think I'd rather cut off my balls and play 'Throw vinegar over the open wound'.
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:16
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cong_Man wrote:
> Is it possible to make a punch look real in an arena full of people
> where everyone has a different angle and every possible angle is
> covered, without actually making contact?

I've seen some awfully coreogrpahy (huge misses) in the odd wrestling I've seen. So no, it's not. Hence the playfighting.

> Yes it's choreographed, yes the punches are pulled, but it's not as
> simple as you make out.

Do two people boxing pull punches?
Do Murray Thai boxers?
Any other full contact sport involving putting someone down?

No.

Enjoy if you must, but don't think you're watching anything more than a soap opera in spandex....
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:11
Regular
"..."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Huh? You either want to take the other guy down, or you're
> playfighting to provide entertainment.

Ok,if that's your opinion, but here's something to consider. it's easy to make a fake punch look real on TV, or in a movie, where you can use the right angle to give every viewer the same view, which makes it look as though the punch actually happened.

Is it possible to make a punch look real in an arena full of people where everyone has a different angle and every possible angle is covered, without actually making contact?

Yes it's choreographed, yes the punches are pulled, but it's not as simple as you make out.
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:08
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cong_Man wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> So all those moves aren't actually pulled at all in WWF? None
> of it's coriographed?
>
> It's not quite that black and white sir.

Huh? You either want to take the other guy down, or you're playfighting to provide entertainment.

These Ultimate Fighting things (well, the one or two I've seen) came across as incredibly brutal with broken bones, blood and knockouts.

WWF is pantomime.

*shrug* IMHO.
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:04
Regular
"..."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> So all those moves aren't actually pulled at all in WWF? None
> of it's coriographed?

It's not quite that black and white sir.
Tue 26/04/05 at 14:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Stridman wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
> it was pure garbage.
> if they were actually training and wrestling
>
> Nah, i'd rather watch them actually 'hit' each other unlike in WWF
> where they just pretend to 'hit' him.
>
> spoken like a true ignorant fool, well done sir.

So all those moves aren't actually pulled at all in WWF? None of it's coriographed?

Damn, You learn something new every day.........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.