GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Getaway Black Monday"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Getaway: Black Monday'.
Wed 10/11/04 at 18:03
Regular
Anyone know if it's worth getting?
Sun 14/11/04 at 13:05
Regular
"Bicycle"
Ugh.

Getaway is a poor port of GTA.

And sh*te.
Sun 14/11/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Depends on how much free stuff they got given and whether they had the exclusive or not :-D
Sun 14/11/04 at 13:00
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
As a matter of interest, what did this score in OPS2? No doubt it got a stupidly high score.
Sun 14/11/04 at 12:45
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Taking it back today, if I can't get my money back (got the game at Tesco), I'll take it to GS on Saturday and part exchange it for an SP with GTA Advance.
Sun 14/11/04 at 10:56
Regular
With such depth and intricacy to the level design, it's a pity they can't do more with it.
Sat 13/11/04 at 21:17
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Anonymous wrote:
> And my advice is to take that back and get your money back.

I'm considering it. Don't get me wrong, the game does have some good points. Like the area I'm at just now, it's a nice big open space; a scrapyard, and the gunfights are quite enjoyable, and the rag-doll physics are great. But the enclosed levels are frustrating because of the camera, I dread trying the stealth sections later on, they'll be impossible. I'll play through a few more levels before I decide wether to take it back.
Sat 13/11/04 at 21:01
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
I was actually going to get this but, after watching a clip of i'm bloody glad i didn't, it looks absolutely terrible!
Sat 13/11/04 at 19:35
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Lou Role wrote:
> Decided to take the risk and bought it today. So far it feels pretty
> average, and none of the faults of the first game have been
> rectified. There's been no effort at all to improve the camera, if
> anything it's worse, especially in enclosed spaces.
>
> I'm better off aiming manually as I'm even more accurate than the
> auto aim, which is laughable. Plus, the characters still look as
> though they've crapped themselves when the walk, and it takes a while
> for them to walk down stairs for some reason, which is annoying in a
> gun fight.
>
> Driving sections remain the games strong point, however it's annoying
> when you're in the squad car, sirens blaring, and traffic just flows
> normally, going through lights and stuff. It's as though you're
> invisible to them.
>
> I'll try to play through the game to finish the main story, but after
> that it's going to be traded against something else.
>
> My advice is stay clear.

And my advice is to take that back and get your money back
Sat 13/11/04 at 18:02
Regular
The first one was naff so I think I'll leave this.
Sat 13/11/04 at 14:50
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Decided to take the risk and bought it today. So far it feels pretty average, and none of the faults of the first game have been rectified. There's been no effort at all to improve the camera, if anything it's worse, especially in enclosed spaces.

I'm better off aiming manually as I'm even more accurate than the auto aim, which is laughable. Plus, the characters still look as though they've crapped themselves when the walk, and it takes a while for them to walk down stairs for some reason, which is annoying in a gun fight.

Driving sections remain the games strong point, however it's annoying when you're in the squad car, sirens blaring, and traffic just flows normally, going through lights and stuff. It's as though you're invisible to them.

I'll try to play through the game to finish the main story, but after that it's going to be traded against something else.

My advice is stay clear.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.