GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are chiped ps1's any use or just unfair?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/05/01 at 15:06
Regular
I personally think that a chiped playstation is Xtremly unfair to most of us. I say this because I have had my playstation for over 4 years and I wouldn't want it to blow!
You have probably come across someone with a chiped ps1, as you might not have your own chiped. Well I don't have mine chiped and I still hear of others rhyming on that they have got the likes of a new game on the release date for only a lousy fiver. It would probably take myself a good while if I was to save up for a brand new game which would actually work.
So if you were to get your ps1 chiped, I recomend you all not to, for a start it doesn't take much for the ps1 to be destroyed after chiped, and besides most chiped games don't work. I find this totally unfair that others get so many games for so cheap and you're definately not allowed 1 cause its illegal as well.
So the best thing to do is to always buy proper games from the likes of SR as they are so cheap and that they are very reasonable!

What do all think bout chiped ps1's and games?
Sun 27/05/01 at 21:39
Regular
"Back For Good"
People with chipped playstation's thought they had it easy,getting chipped games for a fraction of the price.

My friend bought a new PS and tried to have it chipped and it knackered his brand new console, He couldn't take it back because it was opened inside.

He bought another one and succeded getting it chipped,It cost him £20 and another £180 for another console,Then getting the games he had to wait about 2 weeks for the person to get hold of the game, copy it and pass it to him.

All my friends had their consoles chipped but I prefer the nice case,instructions,guarantee that it works and i can pick one out, buy it and play it in the same day.They don't want a ps2 because they can't run their games on it and their still getting chipped games,Why they are £5 upwards now.

i think now they're on DVD, it'll be hard for a while,but i think the virus that corrodes the game gradually is a good idea or the code on the metal gear solid case.INGENIUS
Sun 27/05/01 at 20:49
Piracy is wrong, and it's the developers and publishers that lose out here as no one is sepnding money on their games that they have worked hard to get out.
But, saying that, I have got a couple of copied PC games and I only got them because they weren't actually out at the time. Adrian is right, the temptation of getting a game before it is out is sometimes to hard to resist.
Sun 27/05/01 at 20:32
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I have my PS1 chipped for over 2 years now. Not one problem at all. I have a ton of games, never had one that didnt work. So thats your theory of them being totally use less. Iam not proud of having my PS1 chipped and having copied games. But when I could get games that werent even out here for another 6 months its hard to resist. I could get 8 games for the price of one. Being a GCSE student at the time it would have taken me a month to say up for one game so 8 was even better. I also had games that have never been released over here, like Parasite Eve. I bet quite a few people would give in to tempetion as having all the latest releases is appealing. I have also got copied games for my DC. Where I use to get the games from, they have stopped. I dont really mind as I buy all the legal DC and PS2 titles. Piracy is something that you think is wrong but given the chance alot of people would say yes if they knew people who could give them reliable service. Its all about money, if you cant afford to get the latest games then this appeals to people. I admit its wrong and am against piracy, but it can tempt even the strong willed people.
Sun 27/05/01 at 15:06
I personally think that a chiped playstation is Xtremly unfair to most of us. I say this because I have had my playstation for over 4 years and I wouldn't want it to blow!
You have probably come across someone with a chiped ps1, as you might not have your own chiped. Well I don't have mine chiped and I still hear of others rhyming on that they have got the likes of a new game on the release date for only a lousy fiver. It would probably take myself a good while if I was to save up for a brand new game which would actually work.
So if you were to get your ps1 chiped, I recomend you all not to, for a start it doesn't take much for the ps1 to be destroyed after chiped, and besides most chiped games don't work. I find this totally unfair that others get so many games for so cheap and you're definately not allowed 1 cause its illegal as well.
So the best thing to do is to always buy proper games from the likes of SR as they are so cheap and that they are very reasonable!

What do all think bout chiped ps1's and games?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.