GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"G*@% F$*@*$£!!! (Halo 2)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Thu 11/11/04 at 07:16
Regular
So, I roll into Gamestation at 07:00, get interviewed by some bird from the local paper, and eventually arrive at the counter, big-smiled as I await receipt of my Halo 2 LE.

I give my preorder receipt and my name.

"I'm afraid I can't see your name on here, I can only give you a Standard Edition mate."

WTF?!

The moron (who I thought I was sorted with) didn't put my name down in the little preorder book. They only had 14 LE's - they were all reserved, and that was it. For ever.

I'm not as pisssed as I thought I would be, as I've saved a few quid. But I can't believe they could screw this up so easily.

They did give me a display LE case too though, ehich is pretty pointless, but the thought counts.

Awww.

Still, I now have Halo 2, so I'll see you ladies online!
Thu 11/11/04 at 10:03
Regular
ROLOLOLOLOLO.

So you coming straight onto LIVE?
Thu 11/11/04 at 10:01
Regular
But they're great for trade-ins, which is exactly why the game only cost me £3 in cash.
Thu 11/11/04 at 09:59
Regular
Gamestation are poop.
Thu 11/11/04 at 09:43
Regular
What did you tell me so??
Thu 11/11/04 at 09:42
Regular
I hate to say it...but...I told you so :)

See you online at what time?
Thu 11/11/04 at 08:32
Regular
The Halifax and Huddersfield stores are full of ijits. The Huddersfield store employs a set of ignorant tramps.

I rarely use them these days as I don't buy as many games as I used to and the PC platform is the only multi-region one I own.
Thu 11/11/04 at 08:26
Regular
Yeah, that particular branch has been pretty inconsistent for the past few Months. I only really go there as it's just through the Woolshops tunnel from my Office.

The one in Leeds has some good staff in though, I've never had a problem with them
Thu 11/11/04 at 08:21
Regular
Yeah I went in last Saturday for the first time in ages and they had a couple I hadn't seen before.

I seriously wouldn't trust what they say though, they slap their ass cheeks on the counter when it comes to reliable information.
Thu 11/11/04 at 08:18
Regular
Yeah. They seem to have got a whole load of new staff in too. Never seen this lot.
Thu 11/11/04 at 08:17
Regular
There are s**till a sh*t load to be nabbed from the s**tates despite the Limited Edition being released at Midnight on Monday.

It will be like the Zelda 2 disc edition, providing it sells they will keep producing them.

Was that the Halifax Games**tation you went to?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.