GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Halo 2 Verdict...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Thu 11/11/04 at 09:33
Regular
... for what it's worth.

Played about 2 hours last night (Gameplay delivery arrived yesterday), on single player, as I don't have broadband. And my verdict is...

...it's bloody good fun.

Nothing revolutionary. Nothing amazingly advanced over the first. Duel Weilding takes a bit of getting used to, and hi-jacking a ghost is great fun.

Graphically, it's better, but perhaps not the huge leap people were expecting. A.I is great, not sure if it's much of an improvement, as it was pretty good in the original game...

It's basically the first game, with a bit of spit and polish. If that's what you're hoping for, you won't be disappointed, in fact you'll love it. If you're expecting something revolutionary, you will be.

Basically, it's good fun. Sticking a plasma grenade on a brute and watching him run away and take others out is just as satisfying as it ever was.

Halo 2 is a polished, neat and tidy game. And that's what makes it so playable.

Suffice to say, I'm not disappointed, but then, I hadn't hyped it up as much as some....
Thu 11/11/04 at 21:00
Regular
Been playing multiplayer for a bit, 5 or 6 deathmatches and the first level of co-op. So far, I love it. My duel wield combination of SMG and that little chargy-green-thang-gun works brilliant.

Needless to say I love it because I kick ass at it.
Thu 11/11/04 at 20:03
Regular
eye'Aoe wrote:
> Half life 2? :D

For the PC most definately, however for the Xbox, they'll more than likely tone them down to Halo 2 standards.
Thu 11/11/04 at 19:40
Regular
"\\"
Half life 2? :D
Thu 11/11/04 at 19:05
Regular
"Touched!"
Some of the textures in the single player game are amazing, didn't realise how good it was until I saw it in action, they have used ever bit of power left in the Xbox for this, I can't see anything topping this before Xbox 2.
Thu 11/11/04 at 18:57
Regular
"Bah"
Bah so iv nearly finished it but dont understand a thing

SPOILER

All i get so far is that there is another Halo, ONE of the phrophets has died and they sent some covenant guy who you controll to go and wipe out a resistance>>? Confused as hell at the moment
Thu 11/11/04 at 18:48
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
*SPOILER ALERT*
*SPOILER ALERT*
*SPOILER ALERT*
*SPOILER ALERT*
*SPOILER ALERT*

There's 15 episodes. Each one subtitles in the Select Level menu.

What a game.

Can't wait for the 3rd. Hopefully the last prophet will take a covenant armada to Earth, where I believe the arc is and the rings can be activated from. Chief is there, so cleans up the invasion and has to protect the arc from the covenant. but what of the monster-thing and Cortana. Will she be turned? Will she convince IT that Chief is a good guy, and hasn't 'sinned'.

What we have to remember, those of you especially that felt let down by the game's story, is that HALO is a universe, Like Star Wars it may centre on one character, The chief, but isn't all about him. It's not Master Chief Adventures... It's HALO. And it great. Read the books if you can, they're good. Hopefully there'll be another one written before H3 comes out. I don't know that they've started it, so I don't think it'll make the XBOX 2 launch... but Bungie love great stories, and HALO is certainly great. Hopefully we'll hear something at E3, or alongside an XBOX NEXT announcement.

Still, HALO 2. I've done it on Normal (Started yesterday afternoon). I'll see what's what on LIVE, and probably re-play the Ancient Ruins (Fourth HALO) level over and again, as I did AOTCR. I loved that level. The Music was mint. Blatently getting the soundtrack.
Thu 11/11/04 at 18:36
Regular
"Bah"
Not sure mate. Im rather confused, accoring to the xbox im on level 11 and i only got it at 8am this morning>? But the brekdown of levels worked out so i tohught i was on level 2 where as it said 6? I thought that it started a new level only when it loaded? Up to second time you play as covenant and still dont have a clue about the story line! Multiplayer rocks especially the beach type level
Thu 11/11/04 at 18:24
Regular
Anyone got any ideas?
Thu 11/11/04 at 13:40
Regular
It's weird because in the single player level select it shows up 5 levels, but in the co-op screen I've only opened up 3. So I'm really not sure how far I've got...
Thu 11/11/04 at 12:27
I hijacked a Banshee on Live yesterday as it was about to ram me down. Just thought I'd say.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.