GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Halo 2 Verdict...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Thu 11/11/04 at 09:33
Regular
... for what it's worth.

Played about 2 hours last night (Gameplay delivery arrived yesterday), on single player, as I don't have broadband. And my verdict is...

...it's bloody good fun.

Nothing revolutionary. Nothing amazingly advanced over the first. Duel Weilding takes a bit of getting used to, and hi-jacking a ghost is great fun.

Graphically, it's better, but perhaps not the huge leap people were expecting. A.I is great, not sure if it's much of an improvement, as it was pretty good in the original game...

It's basically the first game, with a bit of spit and polish. If that's what you're hoping for, you won't be disappointed, in fact you'll love it. If you're expecting something revolutionary, you will be.

Basically, it's good fun. Sticking a plasma grenade on a brute and watching him run away and take others out is just as satisfying as it ever was.

Halo 2 is a polished, neat and tidy game. And that's what makes it so playable.

Suffice to say, I'm not disappointed, but then, I hadn't hyped it up as much as some....
Fri 12/11/04 at 23:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The Battle Rifle is class - on open level it has a distinct advantage over any other guns except the true sniping weapons.
Fri 12/11/04 at 22:44
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Magnum/SMG is a good combo. You need to be fairly accurate, though.

Some of the Dual-Wield principals are a bit poor, but overall there's an excellent balance.

I'd have a Rocket Launcher, then get a Magnum and an SMG. If you get on a vehicle after collecting those three, your'e pretty much invincible.

Great game, though. Listening to the HALO soundtrack now. Under The Cover Of Night and Walk In The Woods. Classic tracks.
Fri 12/11/04 at 20:58
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Sniping from the massive wheel is great fun, just thought id add the fact that duel wielding plasma rifles and needlers is great, I haven't had a human weapon in my hand for a while, plus the Battle Rifle is crap
Fri 12/11/04 at 20:24
Rickoss wrote:
> Your Honour wrote:
> Which ones have you found are best for 1v1?
>
> The level on the beach (with the big rotating.. thing, not sure of
> the name)

Zanzibar!!!
Fri 12/11/04 at 19:53
Regular
Your Honour wrote:

The level on the beach (with the big rotating.. thing, not sure of the name) and the level with the big rotating pyramid frame... thing, are both very good for 1v1.

The level that's selected by default is rubbish though, as the one in the wrecked.

Dunno about the names of them though. :-\
Fri 12/11/04 at 16:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Best multiplayer game I've played for years, probably since
> Goldeneye.

Even if the single player is a little poor in places, the multiplayer makes up for it easily. The graphics, especially on the enemies, are exquisite as well, and the glitches are hardly game-spoiling, I couldn't give a toss. The story seems a little thin here and there, but I'll wait till I finish. Top game.
Fri 12/11/04 at 09:45
Regular
"Touched!"
Your Honour wrote:
> Rickoss wrote:
> Oh, and there are finally soem good levels for 2 players. Although
> some are still huge and crap.
>
>
> Only played a bit of two player, haven't tried all the levels.
>

Ivory Tower is great for 1 v 1, it's also great for 16 player Swords only. Best multiplayer game I've played for years, probably since Goldeneye.
Fri 12/11/04 at 09:22
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Oh, and there are finally soem good levels for 2 players. Although
> some are still huge and crap.

Only played a bit of two player, haven't tried all the levels.

Which ones have you found are best for 1v1?
Thu 11/11/04 at 22:40
Regular
"eat toast!"
the joys of smashing your ghost into an oppenent.

Oh yeah, my brother chased me around with a banshee until i hid inside a building and retrived some heavy fire power. Missed him but i survived either way.
Thu 11/11/04 at 21:02
Regular
Oh, and there are finally soem good levels for 2 players. Although some are still huge and crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.