GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"wtf?!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/04/05 at 14:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm pretty sure my laptop isn't meant to turn off on it's own, mid-CounterStrike. Can it overheat and shut down automatically? I'm sitting in a conservatory today, and an area just under where I rest my left hand gets quite hot (I assume that where the processor, or graphics card lives), so that could be why. Shall I pour water on it?
Wed 20/04/05 at 15:50
Regular
"Twenty quid."
monkey_man wrote:
> Cool.

Ahaha.

> How does it work - do you put the laptop on it?

Yes, and then plug it into one of your USB ports. "Please note - in order for the fans to work correctly, your laptop must have fully-powered USB ports (5V 500mA)."

> Can I sit on it if my bum gets hot?

If your bum has a USB port, yes.

> Can I get my cat to walk over it, then turn it on?

It's not compatible with cats, sorry.
Wed 20/04/05 at 12:12
Regular
"8==="
It melted.

*Begins the ice-cream days a-new but without robots*

That should fix it.

I think SR don't like robots.
Wed 20/04/05 at 12:08
What happened to Hedfix's post there?
Wed 20/04/05 at 11:47
There's actually a watercooled laptop around somewhere. Can't remember where I saw it, definitely not a production one though.

Hedfix, ignore the naysayers.
Wed 20/04/05 at 11:36
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I was considering getting one of those, but then I cleaned the fan and all was fine.

You shouldn't need one if the laptop is working properly. Plus if the fan is blocked up then that's not gonna help much as the inside of the laptop will still be boiling.

I'm waiting for a mini-freezer cooling thing that freezes the bottom of the laptop so that it alwas runs at absolute zero or something. Then the days of overheating will be gone...
Wed 20/04/05 at 08:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Cool. How does it work - do you put the laptop on it? Can I sit on it if my bum gets hot? Can I get my cat to walk over it, then turn it on?
Tue 19/04/05 at 23:03
Regular
"Twenty quid."
[URL]http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=115162[/URL].
Tue 19/04/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
That's probably it then. I have been having it on nearly all day every day at the moment. Any decent suggestions?

Hopefully this'll solve my "God damnyou mother f****ing coutnerstikre, you c*** cheap muvvablooming jibbajibbajehdkfjyaaaargh" problem.

Ahem.
Tue 19/04/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
tigamilla wrote:

> Monkey Man I remember a thread in the PC gaming forum where yoo
> posted some pics of some corrupt graphics in CS <- the sign of an
> overheated GPU.

Halo just became really really jumpy for me, in fact, all games did. Then I removed 'it' and all was fine.

Gonna buy Half Life 2 soon when I can be bothered. Probably at the end of May however as I've got 'loads of one exam' this summer. One exam, wooooo!
Tue 19/04/05 at 15:20
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
phi11ip wrote:
> Has it got a fan? How old is the laptop?
>
> Might be an idea doing what I did, by taking the back off and
> removing the 'power filter' that had formed over the heatsink.
>
> [URL]http://www.phi11ip.com/ran/fluff.jpg[/URL]

Hah hah "Power Filter".

Monkey Man I remember a thread in the PC gaming forum where yoo posted some pics of some corrupt graphics in CS <- the sign of an overheated GPU. I would say the GPU would be the most likely overheating component in this case and either its crashed your machine or windows has done the "Ive detected a critical failure and I'm shutting down" thing...

Laptop cooler??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.