GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deja vu with the ladies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/10/09 at 14:36
Regular
"That's right!"
Have you ever realised similarities between the different girls you go for?

I hadn't even thought about it until a few months ago when I necked on with some girl in town called Laura, and the next day my mate showed me some photos of the two of us and she was basically a brunette version of my then ex-girlfriend who was called... Laura.

Creepy.

So six weeks ago I get to know a girl from work called Sarah a little better at a mutual friend's birthday. After that we were in that awesome "do everything a couple does but not officially going out" zone that usually either turns into a proper relationship or is fun for a few weeks and then one of you decides not to bother anymore so ends it.

I knew practically nothing about her until that first night, but over the next few weeks I discover her and my ex Laura have a few things in common -

They went to the same school, although Sarah was in the year above they know a lot of the same people.

They're currently both doing philosophy at Newcastle uni... on the same course.

I met them both at work when I was on day shift but was training evening staff (which is what they both were).

They're both Catholic (well, not REAL Catholics, I don't know anyone our age who doesn't love pre-marital sex)

They both love Disney, which a lot of girls do, but they both particularly love Tinkerbell (Laura put herself in my phone as "Tink" while we were going out... yes, it's sickening I know).

Had my first kiss with both of them whilst drunk in Whitley Bay (classy).

Sarah texted me to say she couldn't make it to my dad's birthday dinner because her gran had fallen over and they were taking her to hospital. After the obvious questions like "Is she OK?" etc I ask "Where does she live?" but before I've even finished the question I know the answer. "North Shields" was her reply which confirmed my guess. And how did I know it was North Shields? Because Laura's gran lives in North Shields as well. By that point I was starting to get a little scared...

Last October Laura split up with me because she thought we were about to split up anyway and she didn't want it to happen during her philosophy exams. On Thursday Sarah said she had to end things now before they got serious because she was struggling with working five days a week AND completing her third year of uni. Things were going great for the first few weeks until she went back to uni after the summer break then everything went belly up pretty much and I never saw her, so to be fair I was thinking of pulling the plug myself (thinking about it doesn't mean I would've actually done it, because then I wouldn't have had a fit bird).

They don't look anything alike, Laura is curvy with long blonde hair, Sarah is slim with short brown hair. Laura couldn't keep quiet if you sewed her mouth shut whereas Sarah was really shy and went bright red every time she realised my parents were in and she might have to actually say hello. But it did freak me out sometimes, especially as I didn't know any of their similarities until I got to know Sarah better, so it wasn't like I thought "She reminds me of my ex, I'll try it on with her".

There are a few similarities Sarah has with another ex called Fay, who I also met whilst training evening staff, in that all the lads on evening shift fancied them and hate me for moving in on "their girl" (one of them fancied Fay three years ago and now Sarah so he must REALLY despise me). Oh and when I was on the phone to Sarah I could've sworn it was Fay, they sound identical.

So, yeah, two girls I couldn't have thought were more different had enough in common to creep me out a fair bit. And both of them left me because of that damned philosophy course (I'd been planning to leave Laura for almost a year but again, then I wouldn't have a fit bird so I bottled it until she did it for me - what a kind hearted guy I am).

Anyone had a similar situation?
Tue 20/10/09 at 13:23
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Lol, will work on telling you my experiences - only one ex and I'm single...hopefully not going for the same type of person again...noooooo

Although by the sounds of things, thats what's going to happen :S
Mon 19/10/09 at 17:28
Regular
"eminem rules"
ya its funny how it works youd be suprised how many times that
happend to me:) peace out

DJ STONER 1994
Mon 19/10/09 at 08:43
"possibly impossible"
hmm. Most haven't been English and are pretty hot headed, that's about the only thing I can think of.

Don't know why I never liked English girls really, or at least haven't ever met any I'd think of as girlfriend material. Of course I've been married now for nearly 10 years so it's all going back a bit anyway!
Sun 18/10/09 at 14:46
Regular
Thats really freaky. My exes were all very different, the only weird thing was one ex went to Hong Kong around the same time I did and haven't been there before or since. I think one of her exes after me, also went around the same time.

I use to still be in touch with her but I put a stop to it recently. I don't think the boyfriend would have liked it, especially some of the things we talked about.
Sun 18/10/09 at 14:36
Regular
"That's right!"
Have you ever realised similarities between the different girls you go for?

I hadn't even thought about it until a few months ago when I necked on with some girl in town called Laura, and the next day my mate showed me some photos of the two of us and she was basically a brunette version of my then ex-girlfriend who was called... Laura.

Creepy.

So six weeks ago I get to know a girl from work called Sarah a little better at a mutual friend's birthday. After that we were in that awesome "do everything a couple does but not officially going out" zone that usually either turns into a proper relationship or is fun for a few weeks and then one of you decides not to bother anymore so ends it.

I knew practically nothing about her until that first night, but over the next few weeks I discover her and my ex Laura have a few things in common -

They went to the same school, although Sarah was in the year above they know a lot of the same people.

They're currently both doing philosophy at Newcastle uni... on the same course.

I met them both at work when I was on day shift but was training evening staff (which is what they both were).

They're both Catholic (well, not REAL Catholics, I don't know anyone our age who doesn't love pre-marital sex)

They both love Disney, which a lot of girls do, but they both particularly love Tinkerbell (Laura put herself in my phone as "Tink" while we were going out... yes, it's sickening I know).

Had my first kiss with both of them whilst drunk in Whitley Bay (classy).

Sarah texted me to say she couldn't make it to my dad's birthday dinner because her gran had fallen over and they were taking her to hospital. After the obvious questions like "Is she OK?" etc I ask "Where does she live?" but before I've even finished the question I know the answer. "North Shields" was her reply which confirmed my guess. And how did I know it was North Shields? Because Laura's gran lives in North Shields as well. By that point I was starting to get a little scared...

Last October Laura split up with me because she thought we were about to split up anyway and she didn't want it to happen during her philosophy exams. On Thursday Sarah said she had to end things now before they got serious because she was struggling with working five days a week AND completing her third year of uni. Things were going great for the first few weeks until she went back to uni after the summer break then everything went belly up pretty much and I never saw her, so to be fair I was thinking of pulling the plug myself (thinking about it doesn't mean I would've actually done it, because then I wouldn't have had a fit bird).

They don't look anything alike, Laura is curvy with long blonde hair, Sarah is slim with short brown hair. Laura couldn't keep quiet if you sewed her mouth shut whereas Sarah was really shy and went bright red every time she realised my parents were in and she might have to actually say hello. But it did freak me out sometimes, especially as I didn't know any of their similarities until I got to know Sarah better, so it wasn't like I thought "She reminds me of my ex, I'll try it on with her".

There are a few similarities Sarah has with another ex called Fay, who I also met whilst training evening staff, in that all the lads on evening shift fancied them and hate me for moving in on "their girl" (one of them fancied Fay three years ago and now Sarah so he must REALLY despise me). Oh and when I was on the phone to Sarah I could've sworn it was Fay, they sound identical.

So, yeah, two girls I couldn't have thought were more different had enough in common to creep me out a fair bit. And both of them left me because of that damned philosophy course (I'd been planning to leave Laura for almost a year but again, then I wouldn't have a fit bird so I bottled it until she did it for me - what a kind hearted guy I am).

Anyone had a similar situation?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.