GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"McDonalds"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/04/05 at 08:25
Regular
"Underbean"
In the McDonalds near me, it says it has wireless broadband there, does this mean i could link a ds up to it, and what would it be able to do?
Wed 20/04/05 at 21:04
"period drama"
I think they're all backwards compatible.
Mon 18/04/05 at 07:42
Regular
"8==="
I'm hoping the PS3's backwards compatible.

Then I'll get some PS2 RPGs for it.

I just don't want to buy something that's going to die even if it is only 100 quid.

Although after all this time 100 quid is a daft price. I got a limited edition cube and 3 games for 30 quid less than that.
Mon 18/04/05 at 07:38
Regular
Even though I got Spider-Man 2 on UMD bundled with my PSP, I haven't really watched it.

Just because they're available, doesn't mean you have to buy them. Although if TV series did come out, I'd strongly consider buying them as they would be ideal to watch on my breaks etc at work.

As for Anti-PS2, well it depends on how 'Anti' you are - The PS2 is my least favourite current Gen console and I hardly touch it, but I love the PSP, probably because the dream of playing console-quality games in a handheld is finally here.

the Online function - out of the box - is just the sweet, sweet icing on the cake.
Mon 18/04/05 at 07:36
UMD movies would be great for train journeys. Don't think a nice shiny PSP in a bus while laughing at whatever's onscreen, in full view of the chavs in the back row will take off.
Mon 18/04/05 at 07:32
Regular
"8==="
I think sketch shows would do well on portable devices like the PSP. On the bus you don't usually have time to watch a movie but you do have time to laugh at a few sketches.

Although obviously you can come back to a movie - but really it sucks having to do that.
Mon 18/04/05 at 07:29
Greetings Howard.

Chipseh wrote:
> I'm really very tempted by the PSP, but I don't know why...
>

> -I don't like the idea of having to buy movies only for the PSP

You don't have to. While a good idea, I don't really want to watch movies on a tiny screen. TV episodes, maybe.

> -I already have an iPod

So?
Mon 18/04/05 at 07:24
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I'm really very tempted by the PSP, but I don't know why...

-I hated the PS2
-I don't like the idea of having to buy movies only for the PSP
-I already have an iPod

but they look purty. :(
Mon 18/04/05 at 07:14
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> I have wi-fi in my house... all I need to do is wait for Nintendo to
> launch the DS online.

Pah, I was playing my PSP online the other day.

Sony 1-0 Nintendo
Mon 18/04/05 at 02:57
Regular
"8==="
For the crappy Sega freebies.

Ba ba da da da - we're selling out!
Sun 17/04/05 at 17:41
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> The real question is why you would have any desire to go to McDonalds
> in the first place...

To play your DS online, obviously.

I have wi-fi in my house... all I need to do is wait for Nintendo to launch the DS online.

And of course for me to actually buy a DS.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.