GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can someone please explain the system behind the Election..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/04/05 at 15:43
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
...to me please. I heard that if the vile Torys wish to remove Labour's majority, they nead a ten point lead, thats just to remove the majority. I also head some body on BBC News 24 saying how Labour can win the same numer of seats as the Torys with just half the votes. Any one know how to put this in to terms i can understand??? In big letters with visual assistance if possible. :) Thanks.
Thu 14/04/05 at 16:44
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Only reason I prefer Libdems is cos most of their promises revolve around what they feel people need, rather than what they've been told people want.

Course, that could turn out to be a bundle of lies too. ~shrugs~ We'll see...
Thu 14/04/05 at 16:30
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Not really, people are different and selfish though.

Everyone wants better everything, less taxes and more money.
Which is impossible.

Also, I'm not sure if I'd prefer PR, least more Lib Dems/Greens whatever would get a few more seats.
Thu 14/04/05 at 15:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The way I see it is you get promises made to you that sound great at the time, but in reality will never be kept. A bit like being kicked in the head, with the 'choice' being Vans or Converse trainers doing the damage.

Has any election in history managed to keep all sectors of the general public happy?
Thu 14/04/05 at 15:52
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
The very instant someone can explain the real difference between the Tories and New Labour, then I'd be happy too...

I don't think it's so much down to a points swing alone; I think the location of the swing is what counts. I may be entirely wrong though.
Thu 14/04/05 at 15:51
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The British system is first past the post so a candidate only needs the biggest % of the vote rather than get the majority of 51%. Therefore the winning party doesn't need the biggest percentage of the popular vote to win the election just a majority of seats.

If it were proportional representation then whatever % of the popular vote a party get is turned into seats which means Labour's majority would be slashed.

Some elections in the past have had the winning party with a lower popular vote.

So, even if the Tories get 10 points or whatever, unless this swings certain close seats it can be useless.
Thu 14/04/05 at 15:43
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
...to me please. I heard that if the vile Torys wish to remove Labour's majority, they nead a ten point lead, thats just to remove the majority. I also head some body on BBC News 24 saying how Labour can win the same numer of seats as the Torys with just half the votes. Any one know how to put this in to terms i can understand??? In big letters with visual assistance if possible. :) Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.