GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"your views on ebay"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/04/05 at 12:18
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
I was just wondering what your views on buying or selling things on ebay were?

I am currently trying to sell something on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd (space) =1&item=7507863462&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
Wed 13/04/05 at 14:02
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Nimco wrote:
> I don't know about anyone else, but when I see something like that
> being sold brand new at much less than its retail value, I'm always
> suspicious.
>

RRP are always very misleading. Google for what hes selling, the manufacturer lists 80 pound as the RRP, alot of sites are selling it for 30 pound though. :)
Wed 13/04/05 at 14:00
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
cheeseman wrote:
> I was just wondering what your views on buying or selling things on
> ebay were?
>

Are you really interested, or did you want some excuse to post your link to an item you're selling? Hmmm....I wonder. :-)

I like looking at people's profiles though. Why did you need 2 copies of the karma sutra? :P
Wed 13/04/05 at 12:32
Regular
"NULL"
I don't know about anyone else, but when I see something like that being sold brand new at much less than its retail value, I'm always suspicious.

If it was a gift you didn't want, why not take it back to the shop - most people would understand if you explained to them that you needed the receipt.

Even if you were given it, £25 seems pointless when the camera is worth over three times that.

My opinion would always be to put a sentence or two on there explaining why it is that you are selling it - it just helps to reassure people (obv the seller could be lying, but it still somehow makes people feel more secure). At least that way, the buyer has a valid argument for not knowing it was stolen if it was to turn out to be.

I'm not saying for a minute that you are selling stolen goods on there, but by putting a reason why you're selling it, it helps to assure people you're not.

Just my 2 cents anyway.
Wed 13/04/05 at 12:18
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
I was just wondering what your views on buying or selling things on ebay were?

I am currently trying to sell something on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd (space) =1&item=7507863462&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.