GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's Nothing Special"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/11/04 at 21:06
Regular
Didn't get my copy today, but I've been out 'til 7 playing on my friend's copied version, which is humourously in French.

After having a go on the 'Delta Halo' stage and playing on 'Coagulation' in multiplayer, I have to admit Halo 2 is nothing amazing.

Although there are loads of neat touches, like new guns, new vehciles and jumping onto vehicles, the whole package seemed pretty average. It felt just like any other FPS, and didn't feel special in any way. Plus the mission I was on was incredibly long-winded and although at the start it was pretty fun, after a while it got irritating.

And in multiplayer there was nothing astounding either. The stage Coagulation I felt was way too big to house four players, and there was very little one-on-one action as everyone was making a dash for the vehicles. It was fun, but bots would have made it a whole lot better.

So overall a pretty good game, but nothing 'groundbreaking'. As I've said many times before, it's a simple well-worked FPS. Some of the ideas work (Kicking people out of vehicles), some don't (Dual weilding) and some they shouldn't have changed (Pistol > Magnum).

Hopefully my copy will come tomorrow so that I can play System Link for my birthday bash.
Thu 11/11/04 at 22:11
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Ashman wrote:
> The Bad:
> Too futuristic.

Mmm, too futuristic?
Thu 11/11/04 at 22:12
Regular
Agree with you on the multiplayer Ashey, but I found the Dual Wielding myself truly awful.
Thu 11/11/04 at 22:13
Regular
Crumble wrote:
> Agree with you on the multiplayer Ashey, but I found the Dual Wielding
> myself truly awful.

Explain why the dual wielding is awful.
Thu 11/11/04 at 22:14
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I think the dual wielding is pretty smart, it felt pretty cool when I picked up my first set of SMG's. The only thing I don't like is that you can't throw grenades while holding 2 weapons.
Thu 11/11/04 at 22:15
Regular
Lou Role wrote:
> I think the dual wielding is pretty smart, it felt pretty cool when I
> picked up my first set of SMG's. The only thing I don't like is that
> you can't throw grenades while holding 2 weapons.

It does make sense though. You going to throw the grenades with your teeth now?
Thu 11/11/04 at 22:16
Regular
I hated it.

Most of the guns don't go together and it feels very awkward shooting guns tha reload at different times and fire at different rates.
Thu 11/11/04 at 22:19
Regular
You just need to get used to it.
Thu 11/11/04 at 22:20
Regular
Ye, I suppose.

Although my mate, when we were playing co-op, had 2 Needlers, and he was destroying everything. Some guns work, some don't togther.
Thu 11/11/04 at 22:20
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Damarus wrote:
> It does make sense though. You going to throw the grenades with your
> teeth now?

But it's crap how you always lose the weapon in your left hand, sometimes it leaves you with very little ammo. Anyway, it's a minor complaint about a very fantastic game.

:)
Thu 11/11/04 at 22:25
Regular
What would have been nice is someguns that come with grenades as a secondary fire, like in TS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.