GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What makes a nerd, a nerd?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/04/05 at 18:12
Regular
": ("
Someone who watches Star Wars, or someone who watches Star Trek?
Tue 24/05/05 at 20:22
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
The common description of a nerd is someone who enjoys Star Trek and memorises the episodes (not Star Wars, that's relativly normal), someone who goes to comic book conventions dressed as a Stormtrooper, someone with serious acne problems and self hygiene problems, someone who lives with their mother, blah blah blah.

And by live with their mother, I mean at the age of over 21. Not you kiddywinks.
Tue 24/05/05 at 20:06
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Even though i am not really a big fan myself (only seen Ep1 and 2 and think they are ok) I don't think it is geeky/nerdy to be a star wars fan, although i make sure i avoid talking about Star Wars in front of girls.

Star Trek does seem geeky, thats why i never watch it. Just from the opening credits i turn it off
Tue 24/05/05 at 19:33
Regular
"Mozzy"
Dashak wrote:
> and has to correct every ones mistake

That would be almost everyone on this forum then...

:D
Tue 24/05/05 at 19:30
Regular
"Live a lotto"
A kid that watches the history channel alot and has to correct every ones mistake
Mon 23/05/05 at 19:48
Regular
"8==="
Alfonse wrote:
>
> My definiton of a geek: Star Wars fan. So if I call you a geek it
> isn't really an insult.

Star Wars is very poor. Don't insult the geeks.
Mon 23/05/05 at 19:46
Regular
My definition of a nerd: someone who has the power to take over the world with their mind skills.

My definiton of a geek: Star Wars fan. So if I call you a geek it isn't really an insult.
Mon 23/05/05 at 19:44
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix 1357 31099

Seriously though, a nerd is probably someone who doesn't bow to convention and gets on with what they want to do without worrying about what others think about them.
Mon 23/05/05 at 19:38
Regular
"kill or be killed"
someone who watch star trex.. i know someone who is so brainy and has all the video collection of star trex.
Tue 12/04/05 at 21:16
Regular
"Captain to you."
I was right they are all from the same page :P

[URL]http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=geek[/URL]
Tue 12/04/05 at 21:14
Regular
"\\"
Chippxero wrote:
> Chad Niga wrote:
> nerd also nurd (nûrd)
> n. Slang
>
> 1. A foolish, inept, or unattractive person.
> 2. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or
> technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.
>
> Isn't that the same as Geek?

A geek is that + "A carnival performer whose show consists of bizarre acts, such as biting the head off a live chicken."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.