GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another "I'm upset by Halo 2 being a bit cack" topic..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Fri 12/11/04 at 00:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I have to say that I'm upset by Halo 2 being a bit cack. It looks nice, very nice, stunning infact, and I'm grateful for all the hardwork that has gone into it. But it just doesn't play like Halo, which is what I was expecting.

*** SPOILER WARNING ***

And what's with the mission where you play as an Elite!!?!? I'm near the end of it now, and I'm assuming there are more of these later. Why ruin a game by changing the main character for no reason? That's probably my main gripe - I'll get used to the feel of it soon enough.
Fri 12/11/04 at 00:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I have to say that I'm upset by Halo 2 being a bit cack. It looks nice, very nice, stunning infact, and I'm grateful for all the hardwork that has gone into it. But it just doesn't play like Halo, which is what I was expecting.

*** SPOILER WARNING ***

And what's with the mission where you play as an Elite!!?!? I'm near the end of it now, and I'm assuming there are more of these later. Why ruin a game by changing the main character for no reason? That's probably my main gripe - I'll get used to the feel of it soon enough.
Fri 12/11/04 at 01:32
Unlike MGS2, the changing of character is good. And it gets better.
Fri 12/11/04 at 01:46
Regular
It is like Halo, just with a better feel to the weapons and a lot of more polished options. Oh and the level design is infinetly better...well except for the bit in the hangar at the end of the 2n Covenant mission.....oh god that was rubbish.

If it doesn't feel like Halo to you, wait till you get past the Covenant missions.

I love the game, there's a few niggles at times with design of certain areas. *cough* hangar *cough*, but otherwise it's my favourite 1st person shooter of this generation by quite a way.
Fri 12/11/04 at 01:48
"I love yo... lamp."
It plays just like Halo, except with the ability to use two guns. Whilst I'm not fully used to the new weapons and the dual wielding, it is more balanced. By that I mean I don't grab the shotgun and kill everything on site.

Halo, with better looks and sound, new guns, more types of aliens and a convoluted plot... fantastic. Only downer is the destructibility of the Warthog. Which doesn't really matter when you can drive a Wraith.
Fri 12/11/04 at 01:49
"I love yo... lamp."
Great minds think alike. I hadn't even seen your post.
Fri 12/11/04 at 02:24
Hmmm, well that was unexpected. Very, in more ways than one.
Fri 12/11/04 at 12:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
monkey_man wrote:
> And what's with the mission where you play as an Elite!!?!?

I actually like this - although one might miss the 'goodies', it's fun/interesting to play as the other side, or rather a scion of the other side, and explore Covenant stuff. Etc. Etc.
Fri 12/11/04 at 12:57
Regular
Wasn't particualry a fan of the covernant guns, but the levels were cool.
Fri 12/11/04 at 13:35
Regular
From what I've played, it's far better than the first.
Fri 12/11/04 at 13:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm starting to enjoy it a bit more now, but the Covenant bits still suck, and I appear to be playing levels from the first game. And they STILL do that trick of reversing a level to prolong the gameplay!!

I see why they did it - gives a better insight into who they are and why they are there, plot, etc...but it's like playing CF:DS as an Iraqi.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.