GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another "I'm upset by Halo 2 being a bit cack" topic..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Fri 12/11/04 at 00:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I have to say that I'm upset by Halo 2 being a bit cack. It looks nice, very nice, stunning infact, and I'm grateful for all the hardwork that has gone into it. But it just doesn't play like Halo, which is what I was expecting.

*** SPOILER WARNING ***

And what's with the mission where you play as an Elite!!?!? I'm near the end of it now, and I'm assuming there are more of these later. Why ruin a game by changing the main character for no reason? That's probably my main gripe - I'll get used to the feel of it soon enough.
Sat 13/11/04 at 17:18
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Whats with the giant flower/squid I've just talked to...
Sat 13/11/04 at 17:16
Savatt78 wrote:
> No truly memorable moments ??
>
>
> ***SPOILERS***
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> What about being an Elite and being assited by two bloody huge
> Hunters who storm through those poxy Brutes like they're flies ? I
> watched from a side on view as a Brute (on the left) unloaded a bunch
> of shots at one of the Hunters. The Hunter ran at him and backfisted
> him with its shield with such force, that the Brute must have flown a
> good couple of hundred feet before slamming into a wall like a
> ragdoll.

Excellent at the time, not a classic gaming moment though.

>
> Then theres that battle against the Scarab ! One of the best fights
> I've played in a videogame for ages !

Near the start, after Cairo? Tsk, it was just following it and shooting the aliens on it, or going gung-ho and jumping aboard and killing them. Taking down the scarab was done via cutscene.
>

> Then theres the moments you get to jump onto a tank, punch a whole
> through the hatch and lob a grenade inside to take out the pilot -
> genius ! Not to mention the vehicle hijacking in general.

Vehicle jacking is great, love it. But on the tanks; notice when you use melee it's just an animation; whack the B button several times and it only does it a few as it completes each animation; it loses that instant, brutish appeal.
>

Dunno what you guys think, but from what I
> read from the convo between two Elites and the direction the story
> takes in the game, I'm wondering if we could see the Elites leave the
> Covenant and ally with the Humans.
>

Yeah, that's how it's probably going to end. Elites, grunts and hunters siding with us against the Brutes, jackals etc. IN Halo 3 MC will probably destry the Ark and the final Prophet, all Halos are put on standby indefinitely.

Meanwhile, the Covenant hierarchy is messed up with no command, so attention is taken away from Earth. Might form a temporary alliance with humans to get rid of Flood or whatever. Guilty Spark and Pentinent tangent get married. Game over.
Sat 13/11/04 at 17:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
No truly memorable moments ??

***SPOILERS***

What about being an Elite and being assited by two bloody huge Hunters who storm through those poxy Brutes like they're flies ? I watched from a side on view as a Brute (on the left) unloaded a bunch of shots at one of the Hunters. The Hunter ran at him and backfisted him with its shield with such force, that the Brute must have flown a good couple of hundred feet before slamming into a wall like a ragdoll.

Then theres that battle against the Scarab ! One of the best fights I've played in a videogame for ages !

Got caught off guard when I encountered those Drones for the first time too. Defending that building against the Covenant in the streets. Then suddenly a shot brushed right by me and I looked up to see a swarm of those bloody Drones flying at me and the marines. Excellent stuff !

Then theres the moments you get to jump onto a tank, punch a whole through the hatch and lob a grenade inside to take out the pilot - genius ! Not to mention the vehicle hijacking in general.

Also love the bit where you're launched from the main ship with special forces marines inside those pods onto the Halo's surface - excellent cut scene. :-)

Theres plenty of other moments I could list too. :-) Also, has anyone else read through that "conversations" booklet that comes with the game ? Dunno what you guys think, but from what I read from the convo between two Elites and the direction the story takes in the game, I'm wondering if we could see the Elites leave the Covenant and ally with the Humans.

Of course that would take a major enemy away, but no doubt Bungie could design plenty of other cool aliens to replace them and imagine mixed squads of Humans and Elites in future Halo games. :-)
Sat 13/11/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
OK, so it's getting a bit better. A LOT better. I think I'm near the end though, and there aren't any truly memorable sequences, unlike the first game which had loads. I like how you can be more accurate with the plasma grenades, and that shield system is brilliant. You don't have to worry about finding medi-packs now, just get on with things and survive - much more fun.
Fri 12/11/04 at 14:14
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
the missions are pritty cool, i never though halo 1 had a good story anyway, but the missions and gameplay rocks :)

oh how i wish i had live,

i have bt broadband ADSL usb, and i want live wireless ,

is this possible? i dont have a eithernet port on my pc?

any help please
Fri 12/11/04 at 13:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm starting to enjoy it a bit more now, but the Covenant bits still suck, and I appear to be playing levels from the first game. And they STILL do that trick of reversing a level to prolong the gameplay!!

I see why they did it - gives a better insight into who they are and why they are there, plot, etc...but it's like playing CF:DS as an Iraqi.
Fri 12/11/04 at 13:35
Regular
From what I've played, it's far better than the first.
Fri 12/11/04 at 12:57
Regular
Wasn't particualry a fan of the covernant guns, but the levels were cool.
Fri 12/11/04 at 12:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
monkey_man wrote:
> And what's with the mission where you play as an Elite!!?!?

I actually like this - although one might miss the 'goodies', it's fun/interesting to play as the other side, or rather a scion of the other side, and explore Covenant stuff. Etc. Etc.
Fri 12/11/04 at 02:24
Hmmm, well that was unexpected. Very, in more ways than one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.