GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What makes a chav, a chav?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/04/05 at 23:15
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Is the the way they act? or dress? or does a chav have to act and dress like a chav to be considered a chav?
Tue 12/04/05 at 17:35
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
People just call people chavs to make them feel better about themselves
Tue 12/04/05 at 17:33
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Cong_Man wrote:
> I was forced to listen to some Chav on my bus home from work the other
> day, trying to impress some chavette with stories of how many cars
> he's stolen and how he back-chatted the judge.
>
> It's not big, it's not clever and it impresses NO-ONE!. FFS.

Seconded.
Tue 12/04/05 at 17:30
Regular
"Bow to me!"
What makes a man turn chavish ... Lust for gold? Power? Or were they just born with a heart full of chavality?
Tue 12/04/05 at 15:32
Regular
chav is a way of thinking and acting rather than purely just an image. To be true chav you have to act chav. I know a few people who dress chavbut are actually really good guys and don'thave any chav attitude at all, it was just how everyone was in there area so chav fashion caught on, even if you weren't a chav.

By the way at what point was chav officially the word for them, i still maintain pikey as the best word and will not let it go!
Tue 12/04/05 at 12:49
Regular
"..."
I was forced to listen to some Chav on my bus home from work the other day, trying to impress some chavette with stories of how many cars he's stolen and how he back-chatted the judge.

It's not big, it's not clever and it impresses NO-ONE!. FFS.
Tue 12/04/05 at 11:54
Regular
"No CHAVS allowed!"
to put it quite bluntly.
CHAVS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO LIVE!
i know people will probably hate me for saying it but that is just what i think!
Mon 11/04/05 at 23:52
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
lcarus wrote:
> Actually, there were *some* chavs I know that are alright. They wear
> chav like clothes, act, speak like the others in the area, even hang
> out in gangs... but they're not immediately hostile. Hell, even a few
> went to college.

Yeah ditto.

I think to be a chav or whatever, it means acting like a hostile, retarded, low life, and the budget tracksuits compliment that nicely.

Sometimes (like on that 'how far is too far' thread) I might say chav just because I can't think of a better word to describe certain t*****s around the area.
Mon 11/04/05 at 23:48
Actually, there were *some* chavs I know that are alright. They wear chav like clothes, act, speak like the others in the area, even hang out in gangs... but they're not immediately hostile. Hell, even a few went to college.
Mon 11/04/05 at 23:36
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
J Nash wrote:
> Incorrect.

Correct.

The other week there was about 20 of them at the bus stop. The bus came and they decided they wasn't going to get on it and told the bus to go. But then they saw me and stopped the bus for me.

Bless 'em.
Mon 11/04/05 at 23:29
Regular
"8==="
Tattoo on the face saying 'Chav'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.