GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should us 'young' people bother voting?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/04/05 at 23:10
Regular
"where's my tag?"
I'm 18, election is coming, and Tony Blair kind of looks like an elf. Will you post your vote, or will you post anfrax? Does Britain really count as having democracy if only 50% of the people vote? Will we be able to invade future countries to liberate democracy if ourselves are lacking in it? Will Prescot lose weight? Will your vote be nicked in the post? Many things I want to find it.

Currently, if there's an option to do so, I'll vote BNP. They're just deeply misunderstood people and should be given a chance to rule the world. If that's not an option, I'll vote Conservatives.
Fri 08/04/05 at 13:28
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Mumbai Duck wrote:
>
> WickedWare wrote:
> put a population cap on the UK (we're
> not battery chickens after all)
>
> I'd love to see how you made this work. Would there be big meat
> grinders in hospitals used to kill surplus babies? I bet that'd end
> up in sausages too...

They did a similar thing in China several years ago now, I believe. There were severe tax penalties and fines for those who had unlicensed kids...
Fri 08/04/05 at 12:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Meh i'll be in Japan once the dust has settled from the Election and whatever party has been elected in begins to actually not do a thing they promised in their pre-election speil so can't say i really care, just leave you floundering with whatever tosspot ends up running this country. :-D

Saying that, i will be voting and it'll be for the monster raving loonies if they're still going.
Fri 08/04/05 at 11:48
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Chippxero wrote:
> Use your vote, if you don't then when it comes to moaning about the
> way things are all funked up it's really yours and every other lazy
> gits fault because it would make a huge difference if everyone used
> their vote.

hmm, have to disagree there mate. Elections are based on lies. it's all about who can cast the biggest net of crap the farthest and convince people they're on the level. The whole "if you don't vote, you have no right to complain" thing is a tad naieve, as all votes are fundamentally pointless. No matter who you vote for or who gets in, nothing ever really changes. all the parties care about is the prestige of being in poewr, they're not bothered about actually doing anything to help people who aren't middle class or above.

> When the people come around trying to get me to vote their way i am
> just going to say if they go get me a cookie i will vote for them and
> the one that comes back with the biggest cookie gets my vote.

see, now THAT i'd vote for :)
that's almost my point, if parties did something that in some way benefitted your average guy, then i'd vote. but as it stands we have a government who introduces a "classic vehicle" tax-free legislation so the transport minister can stop paying taxes on his collection of classic cars, then it's scrapped 2 years later so no-one else can benefit (except diligent VW owners like myself :D ). i forget which minister that even was, the line between labour and tory (while actually in power) is so blurred.
Fri 08/04/05 at 10:06
Regular
"long time"
Chippxero wrote:
> Use your vote, if you don't then when it comes to moaning about the
> way things are all funked up it's really yours and every other lazy
> gits fault because it would make a huge difference if everyone used
> their vote.
>
> When the people come around trying to get me to vote their way i am
> just going to say if they go get me a cookie i will vote for them and
> the one that comes back with the biggest cookie gets my vote.

Ha ha i love it :)
Fri 08/04/05 at 03:14
Regular
"Captain to you."
Use your vote, if you don't then when it comes to moaning about the way things are all funked up it's really yours and every other lazy gits fault because it would make a huge difference if everyone used their vote.

When the people come around trying to get me to vote their way i am just going to say if they go get me a cookie i will vote for them and the one that comes back with the biggest cookie gets my vote.
Fri 08/04/05 at 01:37
Regular
The world sucks, so give up.
I like it.

Don't vote, stay inside in the warm and watch tv. At least big brother lets you phone your vote in.

WickedWare wrote:
> put a population cap on the UK (we're
> not battery chickens after all)

I'd love to see how you made this work. Would there be big meat grinders in hospitals used to kill surplus babies? I bet that'd end up in sausages too...
Thu 07/04/05 at 23:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Erm, you suck.

'Waa, world sucks, so I won't do nuffin'
Thu 07/04/05 at 23:32
Regular
"where's my tag?"
I think all parties just maintain a grey horizon. Nothing ever gets better or worse, it just stays grey. Technology is still pollutive, people still aspire to have better materials than the next person (nothing wrong with materials, it's just the class system), men still rule the world and create policies for families even though they spend more time in pubs, woman aren't intelligent enough to realise that you have to stick together if you want to climb any ladders (men always do, even if one commits a murder).

I wish I was intelligent enough to create a party, I think I would fix the world if I could. Get food absent of additives onto the shelves, offer to replace every moto engine in the UK for a hydrogene one (small fee of £90), put a population cap on the UK (we're not battery chickens after all), and much, much more.
Thu 07/04/05 at 23:22
Regular
WickedWare wrote:
> Currently, if there's an option to do so, I'll vote BNP. They're just
> deeply misunderstood people and should be given a chance to rule the
> world.

Lol.
Thu 07/04/05 at 23:18
WickedWare wrote:

>
> Currently, if there's an option to do so, I'll vote BNP. They're just
> deeply misunderstood people.

I really hope you're kidding about that.

I was going to vote Plaid Cymru but now I can't, so probably the Center Catholic Party instead.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.