GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you think sony and sega should gang up on Microsoft?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/05/01 at 02:14
Regular
You all know how smug Bill Gates is, rolling around in piles of money with a cup of ovaltine and science geck weekly, so my idea is that Sega should ownly produce games for the Playstation to stop Billy having a monopoly over the other games companies. see the way that i think about it is that Bill has just about got all the money in the world, so why will he put in the dedication and time that a succesful games console needs to have when being produced, and also if Bill does succeed with the X-box, he might try and carry on and conquer another market, when before you know Microsoft own everything in the world, so soon he might become some evil overlord, and make everybody wear half mast trousers and they will have to by law carry a thermos with ovaltine in all the time. getting back to the point do you think that sony and sega should gang up, or just let the market run wild and free
Mon 04/06/01 at 22:13
I think these companies should gang up on Windows (Not Microsoft particualarly), the operating system we all love to hate.

The X-box may actually turn out to be a good thing, hopefully it wont crash and will run a stable OS(eventually) putting Windows in its 32bit grave.
Sat 02/06/01 at 20:06
Regular
"Back For Good"
Bang on mate, I'm not too keen about Nintendo at the moment but i think everyone should own anything except the xbox.

I try very hard not to support microsoft and from what I've heard the xbox isn't that exciting anyway.Dino Crises 3 might be worth a look but otherwise i couldn't give a.....
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:50
after all that sega has done to the ps1 i think that it should be sony and microsoft on sega! i mean, sega are doing a great job giving the ps2 crazy taxi but they are only doing that because they failed themselves! microsoft however have only done the dirty of taking munchs oddysee for the x-box. microsoft and sony together could take down Nintendo. whereas with a failed company like sega we are just going to get some extra games!
Thu 31/05/01 at 22:10
Regular
True said Jamie Dodger, this is business not friendship.
Thu 31/05/01 at 21:16
Yer right! Microsoft are just one company of many who make millions and become filthy rich. The PS2 cost £300 and loads of loyal customers bought it. Why should they gang up on microsoft why not each other? Sony would not become allies to sega, they are totally the opposite. They are enemies. To them microsoft and nintendo are enemies but they are enemies too. They shouldn't join just to get rid of microsoft. Sony is just like microsoft even though sony sells Playstations and music systems and microsoft sell computers. Sony and saga are as much enemies as they are with microsoft. They should keep it that way!!!!!!!
Mon 28/05/01 at 02:05
Regular
i dont care what anyone says. Money makes the world go round. Screw the customer out of every single penny is the motto. All business are out there to make money. Why point the finger just at microsoft. Sure they have no business in the console market, but all u have to do is just boycott it. i cant see it doing very well myself. I mean its £300. too much flippin money for a gamer to spend on a new brand console. People spent £300 on te PS2 because of the loyalty they had from the original.
Sun 27/05/01 at 23:11
Don't you think Sony, Sega and Nintendo should team up and think about the customer for a change instead of thinking about how much money they can screw out of people. Think of the console and the games these 3 companies would come up with.
I mean i have a PS and PS2 but i do like games made by Sega and Nintendo but i don't want to splash out on a new console just for a few games.
That's the advantage PCs have going for them. They have so many companies making games for the PC. The PC owner is offered a much wider selection of games than the average console owner.

Darkreaper
Sun 27/05/01 at 21:50
Regular
I'm only kidding Jonty.
Sun 27/05/01 at 21:50
Regular
turbonutter wrote:
> Jonty, what school do you go to?

I thought you were going to say:

"Well it should be shut down, because it isn't teaching their damn students very well!"

:D
Sun 27/05/01 at 21:43
Regular
"Back For Good"
YES,
alot of poeple say the xbox would do very well because it's too much like a pc.i hope it flops

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.