GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scarface"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/04/05 at 16:46
Regular
"Bicycle"
Is actually pretty sh*te.

For a movie that recieves such high praise in most video shops and reviews, it was shockingly bad. So Al Pacino wants to be a gangster, and it's a pretty cool character, but the story hardly needs the generous 140 minutes it takes. I didn't even get to the "amazing" end scenes, but frankly, I was so bored by that point I just didn't care...

Did it just strike me as being a pretty crap film or do you agree?

--

Also, for anyone who wants a good thriller with fantastic acting, you have to check out Leon... Jeon Réno is fantastic, seriously. Portman plays about as flat a character as possible, but, to be honest, even the annoying 13 year old girl can't ruin it.
Thu 07/04/05 at 18:13
Regular
": ("
LOL, busted!
Thu 07/04/05 at 18:04
Regular
Coin wrote:
> Meh. Took you're advice, watched the 40 remaining minutes.
>
> Decent "little friend" bit.
>
> Still sucks.

But you only made this post 17 minutes after your original post.
Taking into account the fact that this reply is 10 minutes after the first reply, as well as considering the time it takes to skip scenes to the remaining 40 minutes and the time it takes to get settled, how did you manage to watch the last 40 minutes so quickly?
Thu 07/04/05 at 18:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
People are stupid, what do you expect?
Thu 07/04/05 at 17:49
Regular
"serenity now!"
/despairs

I think this is the second topic in as many weeks slating Scarface. The genius of Pacino is lost on the youth of today ;)

Though I guess Pachanga is more of a Carlito's Way kinda guy...
Thu 07/04/05 at 17:13
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
Stridman wrote:
> Watch Be Cool BIAAAATCHES.

Yeah its a very funny, funny, funny, funny, funny film according to you
Thu 07/04/05 at 17:03
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh. Took you're advice, watched the 40 remaining minutes.

Decent "little friend" bit.

Still sucks.
Thu 07/04/05 at 16:54
Regular
Watch Be Cool BIAAAATCHES.
Thu 07/04/05 at 16:53
Regular
I recently watched it for the first time and can definately say it is NOT sh*te, it might not be as good as I expected but it was still good for a film made in the 80s (it was the 80s, wasn't it?).
Thu 07/04/05 at 16:53
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
You didn't watch the whole film, therefore your opinion is redundant. Watch it all, then you can tell me you didn't like it.
Thu 07/04/05 at 16:46
Regular
"Bicycle"
Is actually pretty sh*te.

For a movie that recieves such high praise in most video shops and reviews, it was shockingly bad. So Al Pacino wants to be a gangster, and it's a pretty cool character, but the story hardly needs the generous 140 minutes it takes. I didn't even get to the "amazing" end scenes, but frankly, I was so bored by that point I just didn't care...

Did it just strike me as being a pretty crap film or do you agree?

--

Also, for anyone who wants a good thriller with fantastic acting, you have to check out Leon... Jeon Réno is fantastic, seriously. Portman plays about as flat a character as possible, but, to be honest, even the annoying 13 year old girl can't ruin it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.